Recommend some cutscene video game movies

BillyBatts

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've been watching them on youtube and really enjoy them. Ones I've watched are:

The Last of Us
Heavy Rain
Deadpool
Lollipop Chainsaw
South Park Stick of Truth
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat vs DC

currently watching Beyond Two Souls

Grey Fox death MGS1 and Joker reveal in Arkham Origins.

Old Snake vs Ocelot MGS4

Why not just play the games?
Sounds like he's not a gamer, and prefers watching the interactive games as movies (they're just glorified choose your own adventure movies, anyway).

The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us
L.A. Noire
Alan Wake
Deadly Premonition

Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy

Last edited:
Are you talking about old FMV games or just cool intros and the like? If its the former check out Night Trap. Its ultra cheesy b-movie stuff. If you want to watch cool intros I like the intro to Psychic Force. Its good if you like anime. And my favorite intro ever is Tekken 2; but it would look dated as hell now.

Asuras Wrath was pretty cool to watch

Sounds like he's not a gamer, and prefers watching the interactive games as movies (they're just glorified choose your own adventure movies, anyway).

The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us
L.A. Noire
Alan Wake
Deadly Premonition

Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy

I guess so but man there is so much better programing out there to watch besides game cut scenes. I personally have tried to catch up to a a few game franchises by watching the cut scenes but could never make it more then a few minutes before just saying screw it I'll just buy the game. To each his own though.

As for a suggestion I would say Heavy Rain because its basically a movie anyways.... and the reason why I couldn't get into it much...

You could watch someone do a play-through online of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, or Starfox 64.

Both of those were highly entertaining stories with amazing cutscenes.

The Last of Us was great.

Actually playing games these days seems to be the least exciting part for me, sadly...

edit: whoops you already did

MGS4? It's like 4 hours long if you take out the cutscenes

More like 9 hours on a first run, but yeah cutscenes make up about 10 hours worth which is pretty crazy. I still loved the game though. Any reason why you prefer to watch cutscenes instead of playing them though TS? In any case.

My suggestions would be:

Metal Gear Solid series
Uncharted series
L.A. Noire
The Walking Dead

Back