Recommend me a blender?

the major problem that I have is that mine has a small well below the blades. The blades are raised up a bit in the middle so some stuff just get stuck as the bottom and does not blend properly. So when i drink my shake right at the end I get a nice chunk of fruit in my throat.....not good.

I just bought a Breville Ikon 600 something or other a few weeks ago for 130 shipped. Thing is a piece of art. I throw in whatever I want, hit smoothie, and come back a minute later. Highly recommended.

Ok......embarassing confession time........

Turns out in the 30+ times I screwed and unscrewed the thing trying to get it tight, I didn't have part of it "snapped" together all the way. Thus, the screw mechanism was blocked from going down all the way.

The blender works fine now. But thanks to everyone for their advice anyway.

I feel like Clark Griswold when he couldn't get his Xmas lights on :redface:

Ok......embarassing confession time........

Turns out in the 30+ times I screwed and unscrewed the thing trying to get it tight, I didn't have part of it "snapped" together all the way. Thus, the screw mechanism was blocked from going down all the way.

The blender works fine now. But thanks to everyone for their advice anyway.

I feel like Clark Griswold when he couldn't get his Xmas lights on :redface:

.........................jackass:D

BB_Red_RGB_thumb.jpg

greatest thing i have ever bought.
and its only $9!
completely blends up your protein so there are no clumps.
also cuts up ice and fruit!
check out the website:
http://www.blenderbottle.com/

Bought a magic bullet(damn I think that might be a vibrator as well) and completely love the thing.

BB_Red_RGB_thumb.jpg

and its only $9!
check out the website:

I have several of those and love them, but it doesnt grind oats and it really isn't a good alternative to a blender for ice and fruit.. it is amazing for mixing protein powder with 0 clumps, though.

the major problem that I have is that mine has a small well below the blades. The blades are raised up a bit in the middle so some stuff just get stuck as the bottom and does not blend properly. So when i drink my shake right at the end I get a nice chunk of fruit in my throat.....not good.

use a spoon to mix it?

This is the one I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-4093-008-Classic-Beehive-Blender/dp/B00005QFKG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1208886289&sr=8-1

I know Oster has been getting lots of hate in this thread, but I've been using this model for six months now and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. It's way better than any other blender in the same price range (basically kitchenaide and Cuisanart) because it has a sharp blade. I previously used a kitchenaide model that was about twice as expensive but the stupid dull blade wouldn't chop up the ice not matter how much I tried to move it around.

I don't really put ice in my protein shakes these days but it still works very well and I would recommend it to anyone.

how does a stainless steel ball cut up fruit and ice?

believe it or not it does.
i have tried it several time.
cuts up ice and strawberries without a problem.
peanut butter did not work so well though.

Well I thought this story was over for me, but I've continued to have problems with this Oster blender.

I got it to work correctly a few times, but the damn thing was still leaking MOST of the times I tried to use it. So today I returned it and got a Black & Decker for the same price. This one doesn't have the "click together" feature that the Oster had, so hopefully it'll work out now.

I use this blender. Villaware Pro Infinity

http://www.discountjuicers.com/modernoproblender.html

After breaking 3 cheaper blenders blending Acai smoothie packs I decided to crack the wallet and get a decent one. I wanted the one that they use at juice it up but my gf was trippin so I just got this one. Worth the money IMO.

I make an Acai smoothie almost every morning, fruit smoothies with ice a few time a week and this thing goes through it like butter and doesnt just melt the ice whereas the cheaper ones required tons of shaking and removing the big chunks of ice youre left with.

Now if you are blending Acai, you do have to break it up into pieces otherwise it will just blend the bottom and just keep spinning.

BB_Red_RGB_thumb.jpg

and its only $9!
check out the website:

I have 4 of these, I bought them 2 years ago. They're great. Best shaker bottle EVER!! The logo and stuff is rubbed off and still no cracks. I've dropped it on pavement a couple of times. They do leak eventually as with all bottles when you shake it. But what I do is wet the top screwy parts with water and it creates a temporary "seal" when you screw it on, then shake that shit right away. Some drops of water will come out but at least your shake won't come out.

Back