Recommend me a blender?

Cydewynder20

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just got an Oster Brand blender last week. Not sure of the model number, but it's a POS. It leaks through the bottom and makes a mess every time I use it. I've read through the instructions thoroughly and attempted to reassemble it probably 30 times with the same result. It wasn't cheap either, it cost about $30.

So can anyone recommend a different brand that has worked for them? There's no way I can tolerate having to clean up a huge puddle of milk each time I use it.

I just got an Oster Brand blender last week. Not sure of the model number, but it's a POS. It leaks through the bottom and makes a mess every time I use it. I've read through the instructions thoroughly and attempted to reassemble it probably 30 times with the same result. It wasn't cheap either, it cost about $30.

So can anyone recommend a different brand that has worked for them? There's no way I can tolerate having to clean up a huge puddle of milk each time I use it.

*waits for urban to arrive*

Whats your price range?
If you think thats expensive, there are some out there for $900+

lol.....damn.

Well I got mine at Target. They had them from $15 up to like $100. I don't know much about blenders.....are they the type of thing where you need to spend a lot to get a good one?

i was going to make a thread on this for when I move and buy a new one. my current one goes upto 6 RPM.

roar.

~Foz

Good thread, I am also shopping for a blender. Price is not a huge concern. I have been told you can get a really good blender for around 200.

I would like one that is easy to clean as I would be using it daily.

I have been currently using this shake recipe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVOL-7qPv-w

I have a $100+ blender than I never use anymore because of this one:

2ag5f2f.jpg

Bump for this thread. I currently am using a shitty blender that does not "pull down" the liquid/ice/yogurt from the top if I am making a large shake for more than myself. It actually just mixes what is on bottom. Blending takes forever with a large shake/smoothie.

ive used the $20 oster from target for the last few months. it leaked at first, till i really torqued the bottom down. you have to know what order to add stuff in or else it just spins water around and you have to keep resetting stuff. its bad about this since its square, not round.

1. liquids (green tea, water, milk, etc...)
2. protein powder (thickens it up, helps mix)
3. small solids (flax seeds, shredded coconut, etc....)
4. semi solids (pumpkin, cottage cheese, etc...)
5. smaller frozen foods (chopped spinach, frozen berries)
6. largest frozen items (broccoli, large berries)
7. any additional powders (greens, creatine, bcaa, etc...) i do this last just because i can never remember if i already added something or not.
8. if you like extra ice add it last, so you can judge the consisteny before adding too much.

the key is add everything 1 by 1, dont just dump it all in or it doesnt blend everything, and then you have to take it off the base and move stuff around. i cant see why anyone would spend more than 20-30 on a blender, they all do the same thing.

ive used the $20 oster from target for the last few months. it leaked at first, till i really torqued the bottom down. you have to know what order to add stuff in or else it just spins water around and you have to keep resetting stuff. its bad about this since its square, not round.

1. liquids (green tea, water, milk, etc...)
2. protein powder (thickens it up, helps mix)
3. small solids (flax seeds, shredded coconut, etc....)
4. semi solids (pumpkin, cottage cheese, etc...)
5. smaller frozen foods (chopped spinach, frozen berries)
6. largest frozen items (broccoli, large berries)
7. any additional powders (greens, creatine, bcaa, etc...) i do this last just because i can never remember if i already added something or not.
8. if you like extra ice add it last, so you can judge the consisteny before adding too much.

the key is add everything 1 by 1, dont just dump it all in or it doesnt blend everything, and then you have to take it off the base and move stuff around. i cant see why anyone would spend more than 20-30 on a blender, they all do the same thing.

I'm torquing mine down as tight as I possibly can. I don't think I'm that weak, LOL. I can't imagine a 70-year old lady trying to use this blender and tightening it better than I can.

I have a few days before I can get back to Target anyway, so I'll keep trying it. On a side note, it actually DOES blend the stuff very well. It's just the mess it makes that is upsetting me.

I use basically the same shake as BJ as well. I got mine from Sears for around $40 and it is pretty crappy. I can't even find a brand name in it it just say's "smoothie elite". As long as yours doesn't leak you can manage to get decent results as long as you ad the ingredients in good order. I am def looking to upgrade soon.

Mike Martial I have been looking at those hand blenders lately. How does it compare to a standard one? Is it hard to keep it from shooting everywhere? Can it mix liquids with solids or is it best for pureeing food? Thanks.

I'm torquing mine down as tight as I possibly can. I don't think I'm that weak, LOL. I can't imagine a 70-year old lady trying to use this blender and tightening it better than I can.

I have a few days before I can get back to Target anyway, so I'll keep trying it. On a side note, it actually DOES blend the stuff very well. It's just the mess it makes that is upsetting me.

I would take the thing back. A blender should not leak no matter how crappy it is.

Mike Martial I have been looking at those hand blenders lately. How does it compare to a standard one? Is it hard to keep it from shooting everywhere? Can it mix liquids with solids or is it best for pureeing food? Thanks.

I never, ever use a regular blender anymore; we received this Braun hand blender as a wedding gift 5 years ago, and I thought "What a fucken waste". I tried it once and never looked back. I've jammed in frozen fruit, oats, ice, various powders, etc etc and in blends awesome. The container it came with holds exactly 1 Liter of fluid, so plenty for a large PWO shake. I personally see no reason to use a regular blender anymore.

I never, ever use a regular blender anymore; we received this Braun hand blender as a wedding gift 5 years ago, and I thought "What a fucken waste". I tried it once and never looked back. I've jammed in frozen fruit, oats, ice, various powders, etc etc and in blends awesome. The container it came with holds exactly 1 Liter of fluid, so plenty for a large PWO shake. I personally see no reason to use a regular blender anymore.

Do you happen to have a model # or a link? I'm in desperate need of a new blender, cause mine is absolutely terrible (rectangular-type, I believe an oster) My grandma was on Oster's nuts, basically just because of the brand.. so thats what I'm left with :icon_chee. Fuckin Electrolux vacuums are terrible too :rolleyes:

so do you put everything in a container, clip on some sort of lid that lets the blender through but won let anything out? Then just mash around till its blended all the way? How much was it approx (i know it was a gift)

Do you happen to have a model # or a link? I'm in desperate need of a new blender, cause mine is absolutely terrible (rectangular-type, I believe an oster) My grandma was on Oster's nuts, basically just because of the brand.. so thats what I'm left with :icon_chee. Fuckin Electrolux vacuums are terrible too :rolleyes:

Lemme see....Braun Type 4191, 400w, 120v/60Hz, speed dial on the top that goes from 1-5, two buttons, one regular, and one "Turbo". I just put it on 5 and use the turbo all the time.

LOL@"Turbo"

so do you put everything in a container, clip on some sort of lid that lets the blender through but won let anything out? Then just mash around till its blended all the way? How much was it approx (i know it was a gift)

No lid. I just make sure I don't fill it to the brim. No idea what it cost, I'd hazard a guess at around 40 bucks, and it was bought at The Hudson's Bay Company, since that's where we registered.

A guy can probably pick one up at Wal-Mart for cheaper.

nice think I will pick one up today.

Tired of having a nice tasting, nicely blended shake only to almost choke to death on the last gulp when it is pure un blended fruit and chunks of oatmeal!

I've been looking around on google for about 10 minutes and can't find anything at all..the closest was some 3 speed crap and it was like $60.. wtf. Maybe I have to take a ride to canada to pick one up :\

edit: Nvm. Even HBC doesn't have anything reasonable, other than this: http://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/stor...roductId=77486&langId=-1&shouldCachePage=true

To be honest, it doesn't look that great, either. Maybe I'm just nuts.. I guess I'll look more toward larger food processors instead.

Anyone have experience with the magic bullet?

Anyone have experience with the magic bullet?

I've thought about it, but haven't had any problems with my $15 blender in the 3 years I've owned it. Sunbeam from Walmart FTW.

Cydewynder20, I'd take that one back and exchange it. Whether you spend $5 or $500 on it, it's not supposed to leak.

Back