Recipes

Woob

French knickers belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have decded that there should be a thread just full of good healthy training recipes for poeple to have access to. Good balanced meals great for an athlete or just someone who wants to eat healthy. I would start it off but i dont have any (hence the reason for this thread).

Begin!

Good idea. My wife does all the cooking. So I don't know any recipes. She's really good about making sure every meal has a good balance of complex carbs, quality protein, veggies, etc.

Turkey Tacos:
-1-2lbs of organic ground turkey meat (traders joes)
-Salt
-Pepper
-Onion
-Whole Wheat tortillas
-Low Fat cheese(any kind you like)
-Oragnic whole pinto beans
-Garlic cloves
-Salsa of choice

Cook the turkey until there is no more pink showing. Drain the fat and grease out. Then return to stove add chopped onions with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are soft.

Drain most of the water from the can of beans and put into a pot. Add crushed garlic and salt. Then mash beans with a potato masher inside the pot (your making your own refried style beans but 10x better). Add in the cheese after and let it all cook together.

Then add what you want to the tortilla and eat your Turkey Tacos....your Turkey

I got tons of these quick and healthy meals...Im sure everyone makes tacos though.

sounds good, but maybe we should also tell everyone to write how much cal f/c/p in each serving? that sounds great pawlisa, you get all the ingredients at trader joes? and yea i would like to know the f/c/p in your meal

All get them all at Trader Joes. I do not know the exact Fat/Caloriesor Carbs/protien but the the only fat is from the cheese and the meat which is very low, and the protien is really high because of the meat , beans, cheese. It can not be more than 250 calories per taco depending on the size which I make huge ones. Your main carbs will be from the tortialls that why I recomend whole wheat. Make sue it is whole wheat and not inriched wheat.

Also if your in late at night or dont have much time to cook, Trader Joes carries a low fat Turkey Meatloaf that is just fricking awesome. It is packed with protien and is extremely low in fat. It comes with a little marinara sauce on top and you can eat it as is or cook up a few whole wheat penne' noodles. It takes about 20-30min in the oven.

Anyone got some more good mexican food recipes, or some chinese food? Ive got a couple good ones ill post after i eat.

Tuna, diced peppers, tomatoes, and some lettuce. I've heard pineapple and tuna is good but I am skeptical.

ok so far we have 2. Anymore?

ChaosSmashKill said:
Tuna, diced peppers, tomatoes, and some lettuce. I've heard pineapple and tuna is good but I am skeptical.

nice, thanks

Found this awhile back. Its tastey :)

2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup long-grain white rice
1/2 cup onions , chopped
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
* 1 (7-ounce) jar "roasted" red peppers, drained
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoons salt or to taste
Pinch of saffron, crushed
1 cup frozen petite peas
Coarsely ground black pepper to taste

* = (go freash with this if you have time)

In a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil; add chicken pieces and saute, turning until browned, approximately 7 minutes. Remove chicken and transfer to a plate; set aside.

In the same frying pan, stir together rice and onion; cook approximately 2 minutes or until rice is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, red peppers, chicken broth, parsley, rosemary, salt and saffron. Return chicken to pan; cover and let simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and pepper; cook until rice is tendeer and almost all liquid is absorbed, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.

Makes 4 servings..
Per Serving - 4 Fat grams, 263 calories

-------------------------------------------------------

I will post some of my low carb stuff that I scrounged up from that diet.

TUNA!TUNA!TUNA!

-Tuna in water
-Salt
-Pepper
-Garlic Powder
-Whole wheat loaf of bread(I like a whole loaf that way I can cut the thickness myself)
-Tomato
-Romaine lettuce
-Low fat organic mayo(no sat fat or cholesterol)

Take however many cans of tuna you want and drain the water. Next add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then mix in about 2-3 tablespoons of the mayo. I don't like mayo very much so I try not to overload and have a gooey tuna mixture. Mix it all together with a fork and its done.

Then toast up some bread and melt some mozzarella on top of the tomatoes. When it is done add the tuna to the other piece of bread and a piece of romaine lettuce. Keep some yellow corn chips on the side to scoop up the tuna that falls out of the sandwich.

Not sure about the numbers on this one health wise but I made a note of it about 2 - 3 weeks ago and the Props go out to Urban (originally posted by) I believe for the recipe. Wife and I gave it a try and its awesome :)

Marinade for 2 lbs of steak-

* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 jalapeno, minced
* 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1 orange, juiced
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine.

Let it marinate for 1-8 hours (but not any more than 8). Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. cut into cubes and garnish with some cilantro, or go the extra mile and make some Pico De Gallo salsa while your steaks are marinating:

looking good guys. Can that marinated steak one be done with chicken? or will it taste awful.

if you're not much of a cook and are looking for a quick, protein rich and cheap dinner, here's what I do:

Cook like 4-5 servings of rice in a big pot, put it in the fridge.
When you get hungry take 1/4 of the rice in a pan and cook it with aprox 150 grams of tuna, when the tuna start turning grey put it on a plate and add Sweet&sour and some soy souce...VERY cheap and you get like 30 grams of protein in one serving, excellent post-workout meal.

It takes like 5-6 minutes to make, and one serving/dinner costs me like 15 kroner (aprox 2 US dollars) perfect for a student training hard with little money

got one

Toast 2 slices of brown bread. While it's cooking grate some cheese and prepare some tuna and a few rings of red onion. As soon as the toats pop's up, spread some butter and put the cheese on both slices. Let that melt for about 30 seconds. then put the tuna in and the red onion. Put the slices together and squash together. Tastes great. Not the most healthy dish but isnt too bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back