• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Guys help me out...

Linear side thrusting kicks targeting the knee.

I know they are banned in Kickboxing promotions, I thought they were in Muay Thai as well but having a hell of a time finding rule books to confirm.

Am I right, or is it just a gentleman's agreement to not use them? I can't think of ever seeing them in the stadiums.

They are not illegal in Muay Thai.

https://dieselgym.co.uk/fantastic-oblique-kicks-and-how-to-stop-them/

"The IFMA (the only recognised body for Amateur Muay Thai) does not list kicks to the knee anywhere on its list of fouls.

The World Muay Thai Council, the foremost Muay Thai association, also allows the techniques. They are allowed in Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadium and indeed any stadium you go to in Thailand."

They are not illegal in Muay Thai.

https://dieselgym.co.uk/fantastic-oblique-kicks-and-how-to-stop-them/

"The IFMA (the only recognised body for Amateur Muay Thai) does not list kicks to the knee anywhere on its list of fouls.

The World Muay Thai Council, the foremost Muay Thai association, also allows the techniques. They are allowed in Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadium and indeed any stadium you go to in Thailand."
Thanks for looking into it.

I can't ever remember seeing them being used intentionally to damage the knee. Perhaps a gentleman's agreement, or just the reality that Thais are better at reacting to attacks to the legs so they haven't been effective.

Thanks for looking into it.

I can't ever remember seeing them being used intentionally to damage the knee. Perhaps a gentleman's agreement, or just the reality that Thais are better at reacting to attacks to the legs so they haven't been effective.

There's not much that's illegal in Muay Thai when it comes to strikes. Also, if a fighter uses dirty strikes that's likely to handicap the other fighter such as intentional groin strikes or side kicks to the knee for example, that's something that would be frown upon and he's less likely to be booked by the promoters. Promoters want to see technical, strong and athletic fighters who show toughness, not some lame fighters going for dirty strikes that could handicap the other fighter and end their fighting career. That's why they even banned catching someone's leg and pushing them backwards more than a few steps or pushing the other fighter out of the ring.

I was always told that sidekicks to the knee in Muay Thai were not allowed when I trained in Bangkok, but damn they are effective in MMA, I used them when I transitioned between sports :)

Now Rodtang is bad for the sport? Lol you cringe fuckers would complain when they would dance the last round now it's they're not "technical" enough? Clowns

Now Rodtang is bad for the sport? Lol you cringe fuckers would complain when they would dance the last round now it's they're not "technical" enough? Clowns

Rodtang not wanting to fight high level Thais, the last round dance in 'traditional' Muay Thai, and the ruleset/scoring changes implemented by ONE for their Muay Thai (causing all of these brawl-ey fights) are three separate things. How do you manage to be so confident despite being so retarded?

There was a huge show today at Raja but no stream because they intended strictly to fill the stadium. I read it was packed indeed. It was billed as the biggest “traditional” Muay Thai show of the year.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers in hope the fights will be uploaded in the next couple days. all I know is
won his 37th straight bout.

There was a huge show today at Raja but no stream because they intended strictly to fill the stadium. I read it was packed indeed. It was billed as the biggest “traditional” Muay Thai show of the year.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers in hope the fights will be uploaded in the next couple days. all I know is
won his 37th straight bout.

I don't know why i laughed when i read the spoiler but i did.<Lmaoo>

Back