Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Casual warm up fight

I am not sure how I feel that Tenshin has decided to stick with kickboxing instead of doing mma.
I really doubt kickboxing can come back to mainstream in Japan.

K1 does the best ratings off all combat sports on abema and they sell out bigger venues every time.

Tenshin also got his way and Sakakibara confirmed they're doing a kickboxing gp in RIZIN starting in september with Tenshin, Horiguchi and Taiga.

K1 does the best ratings off all combat sports on abema and they sell out bigger venues every time.

Tenshin also got his way and Sakakibara confirmed they're doing a kickboxing gp in RIZIN starting in september with Tenshin, Horiguchi and Taiga.
Tension's gonna knock Horiguchi the fuck out then.

can they find a 70kg fighter to beat on Daron Cruickshank in a Kickboxing bout?

TenshinVSHoriguchi will be like MasatoVSKawajiri-lite...minus media circus and $$$.

I am not sure what is the benefits of having one of their top rising stars getting brutally knocked out.

This is a battle between two last hope of Japan Fighting circuit, not a guy fighting for his last two paychecks vs a second best JMMA LW fighter.

TenshinVSHoriguchi will be like MasatoVSKawajiri-lite...minus media circus and $$$.

I am not sure what is the benefits of having one of their top rising stars getting brutally knocked out.

This is a battle between two last hope of Japan Fighting circuit, not a guy fighting for his last two paychecks vs a second best JMMA LW fighter.

Agree. Two top marketable local male fighters are better than one.

No point stopping either of their hype trains. Should keep them as far apart as possible.

Good example is Masato. Outside of KID, losing to him never did a thing for anyone (see JZ, Kawajiri etc). There's a good reason why they never made him fight MMA either.

damn Shishido still fighting, and still on shootboxing as the last remaining star :eek:

everyone left the ship and the old man still on it.

He's a "combat sports fan." That crowd doesn't follow or typically acknowledge Muay Thai -- and when they do, it's usually because a non-Thai beat a Thai.

Its especially weird given that articles in this vein are almost always done before a big fight to get more clicks, not knocking it, it just makes more sense that way. But no mention at all here. Feels apropos of nothing.

I mean Jack Slack is mostly a mma fan. I was going to hate on his half informed articles as well, but at least he's getting the fighters names out there on vice sport. can't hate on that.

Under what ruleset are Tenshin and Rodtung fighting?

And under what ruleset does Tenshin usually fight?

Tenshin vs Rodtung = no elbow, no clinching

Tenshin normally fight in either no elbow no clinching or elbow but very limited clinching rule

Jack Slack has a very limited knowledge of the Lumpini/Raja stadium scene. He also does not know much
about the Chinese kickboxing scene. He probably could not talk in details about Takeru/Tenshin's level of competition either.

Tenshin vs Rodtung = no elbow, no clinching

Tenshin normally fight in either no elbow no clinching or elbow but very limited clinching rule

But bro he hit Wanchalong with an elbow. "An elbow! The weapon that—according to Muay Thai fans back to the old K-1 Max tourneys—Japanese kickboxing organizations are supposed to be protecting their golden boys from"

Back