Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

What's the deal with Takeru? Has he beaten good fighters, or is he an unproven hype job who is in the right promotion and gets spectacular knockouts over bums?

could care less about his Yodsaenchai win. Kid hasn't fought in 2 years.

But impressive to see he beat Taiga with such ease, who looked great against Koya.

What's the deal with Takeru? Has he beaten good fighters, or is he an unproven hype job who is in the right promotion and gets spectacular knockouts over bums?

Mix of both I would assume. He's slaughtered almost everyone he's fought, but that division is crazy thin (especially when you look at kickboxing alone). A few of the guys he's fought (Taiga, Takiya, Terado) are legit and he had no problem dispatching with them. There is one Japanese kickboxer (Nasukawa Tenshin) who'll probably be a favourite over him and a lot of Japanese fans are saying he's not legit till he fights him.

I would assume there's plenty of Thais in the far more robust MT scene that could beat him.

That tournament is crazy! Besides the random American and Moldovan. Now I get why they do the Japanese tournament though, to see who gets the easy side of the brackets lol

Stanislav is a good pick for them. I would have preferred Zakkaria, Qui Jian Liang or Tetsuya Yamato, but Stanislav is a fun heavy-handed fighter who has the KOK belt.

Two superfights announced so far
- Urabe Hirotaka fights the BLADE tournament champion Kosuke Komiyama
- Takeru fights Ozawa Kaito, who won the 58kg KRUSH belt that he vacated

Yasuhiro Kido and Uehara Makoto will be participating as well

What is the hype with Ilias Bulaid? Is it that he's hyper aggressive against lesser opponents who can't handle pressure? No hate just questions.

That tournament is crazy! Besides the random American and Moldovan. Now I get why they do the Japanese tournament though, to see who gets the easy side of the brackets lol
Dunno about the American but the Moldovan isn't so random. Wouldn't be my pick to face on the first round of a tournament.

Very good tournament,a rematch of Yamazaki and Kaew would be a very interesting thing if both made it to the finals,Yamazaki had an outstanding performance on japan tournament,and kaew have two hard fights to win if he win these he can go to the final,but a first fight with an hard worker like Hiroya and a semi final against both powerful and taller noiri and Glunder(who gave some problems to Kaew in their fight).

This tournament gonna be a very huge test for Kaew,and a possibility to have a fight against Noiri or a rematch against Glunder just make it better

anyone can translate? video is becoming one the most viewed videos on the channel.

Kaito looking like he's talking some major shit.

@Karaev fan maybe?

anyone can translate? video is becoming one the most viewed videos on the channel.

Kaito looking like he's talking some major shit.

@Karaev fan maybe?

Bit of background, Ozawa Kaito is the current 58kg Krush champion. Takeru originally held that belt, but he vacated it to focus on K-1. Ozawa has been talking mad trash about Takeru for years and has finally managed to win a ticket into K-1 by winning the Krush belt in Feb.

Tldr: Kaito is telling Takeru that he hates how he's getting undeserved attention and that he's gonna wreck him.

Full translation (from 2:30 when the talking starts)

Announcer: "First we would like to ask Maeda-san to tell us the highlights of this match.

Maeda: "Kaito became the second Krush 58kg champion by defeating Kanbe Shota in a fierce fight in February. His primary weapon is his boxing technique, which he polished in amateur boxing. Takeru is the first Krush 58kg champion and the reigning and defending 55kg K-1 champion. Please look forward to what the 'Dynamite Kid' brings to the table in his challenge versus the 'Natural Born Krusher'.

Announcer: "Thank you. Now, the two fighters will talk on their thoughts for this match. This fight will be contest as a superfight at 57kg. First, from Ozawa Kaito in the blue corner"

Kaito: "I'm Ozawa Kaito and I'm here to wage war against K-1. One thing. Hey Takeru. You're kidding yourself if you think everyone likes you. I think all the fans are thinking that its about time they wanna see you lose. I wanna please all those guys who think that. On June 24th, I'm gonna knock Takeru out, so please come and see me. Prepare to die."

Announcer: "Now, if we can have Takeru's comments"

Takeru: "I guess he's talking shit or whatever. I hate this sort of trash talk without respect. I guess he's holding the Krush belt that I already won, but that doesn't matter. I'll break you."

Kaito: "You're free to say whatever you want, but this is my belt. That belt (gesturing to the K-1 Japan belt) will be mine too. Thanks."

Announcer: "Now we would like to field questions from the press..."

Questioner: "Can each fighter tell us what their impression of their opponent is?"

Kaito: "Yeah umm... He's aggressive. That's about it."

Takeru: "He's just aggressive. That's it."

Questioner: "This is a question for Ozawa. You seem pretty angry, but why so?"

Kaito: "I've been playing the nice guy till now. Its not in my nature to be modest or say fake shit I don't believe in."

Questioner: "A question for both fighters. Are there any aspects of the game where you think you've definitely got the upper hand?"

Kaito: "Everything."

Takeru: "That's what I want to say. I'm sure anyone who's watching can see that we're on different dimensions entirely. The fact that he's talking this sort of shit... I'm the champion so I shouldn't be playing along with this, but this is the maddest I've been in a while."

Kaito: "Then lets fight now. I'd prefer barefists."

Takeru: "Then bring it."

Questioner: "A question for Ozawa. Why don't you have the Krush belt with you?"

Kaito: "I have it with me, but I don't have it out here for a reason. The belt I want is that one. It will be mine soon, so everyone watch me. I'm gonna turn my life around. Just watch me."

Takeru: "He just said he'll turn his life around or something, but you know--and this is on the same topic he was saying earlier about me being popular or something, I guess he's jealous--I'm only where I am now because of the work I've put in and my determination to risk my life on this. Nothing about this is easy, and I'd like to show him that that level of conviction is different in the fight."

Kaito: "Conviction? Everyone has that. This is a fight for me to ascend."

They were arguing about who is the superior metrosexual.

Takeru said Kaito's earring is weak, and Kaito said Takeru's hairdo is so 2009.

Last edited:
They were arguing about who is the superior metrosexual.

Takeru said Kaito's earring is weak, and Kaito said Takeru's hairdo was so 2009.

You'd think that's a pointless contest with King-metro Kido on the same card

Who chews gum at a press conference? Takeru should have slapped the Juicy Fruit outta his mouth...

As much as I should hate this sort of WWE nonsense, I'm impressed by the surprising dexterity with which Takeru took mount.

Make it a full RIZIN-rule tagmatch with Gabi Garcia on Takeru's side.

Ozawa Kaito and Baruto Kaito vs Takeru and Gabi Garcia would be legendary.

all Gabi Garcia need to eliminate these jerks is an backfist punch in a good day

Next time hopefully they do not set up the confirmation before hand as that was clearly staged.

Back