Realistic about the main event

Did you guys really wanted Reyes to win even though he was getting dominated in the later rounds? Did he really dethrone Jones after backpaddling and getting taken down by Jones?

Ask yourself this, did i want Reyes to win or did i really want Jones to lose?

In my opionion Jones proved he deserves to keep his title. Reyes did very great and hopefully he will work on his cardio but he did not deserve to be new champ.

Reyes was avoiding the danger zone, Jon Jones was seeking it.

Jon Jones came forward the entire fight, looking for a fight, while Reyes was backpedaling trying to avoid a fight.

Jon Jones fought like he was a champion and that he really wanted the belt, while Reyes avoided the fight like he didn't want the belt as bad as Jones did.

Jones deserved to keep his belt. "Looking good early" is not what champions are made of.

Champions are the ones who look like they're going to kill you in the end.

If this was a fight to the death, Dominic Reyes would be dead.

No matter who you wanted to win, scoring is in place to find the winner. Reyes won the first 3 rounds. Jones didn’t score anything close to a 10-8 in the final two rounds. Reyes should have won that fight. He didn’t. Shame on that ridiculous judge.

It's way better for future matchups that Jones won. It keeps Izzy/Jones as a possibility. Actually now that fight is more interesting than ever. It's a better sell now.

I hate to say this as a JJ fan but he lost that fight.

Did you guys really wanted Reyes to win even though he was getting dominated in the later rounds? Did he really dethrone Jones after backpaddling and getting taken down by Jones?

Ask yourself this, did i want Reyes to win or did i really want Jones to lose?

In my opionion Jones proved he deserves to keep his title. Reyes did very great and hopefully he will work on his cardio but he did not deserve to be new champ.
This is one of the most asinine explanations of why anyone should keep their belt.
If Reyes would KO Jon, he'd be a deserving champion.
And it would be a lot more exciting to watch the rematch.

The only one that is blind here are Jon's fans, trying to justify yet another close victory.
Jon can do a lot better. He is tempting a judge to see it differently and he will lose his belt for slacking off.

Clearly all sports should take TS' concept on. The final minutes of a basketball/hockey/baseball/football game each point scored can be worth double.

Yeah his performance was pathetic in rounds 4/5, he was avoiding the fight, and it would've been an ugly win. But he did win, based on the sport's rules. He whipped Jon's ass in rounds 1-3. Jon is really good at putting on a brave face, but you could see the pain when he went back to his corner.

Back