Real reason why Khabib has not vacated his LW Belt yet?

Murder_KickHC

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think the reason why Khabib hasnt vacated his LW Belt yet is because he thinks Conor might somehow lose to Dustin Poirier?
He was extremely vocal about never wanting to fight healthy Conor 2.0 no matter how much he got paid after seeing what he did to Cowboy Cerrone at UFC 246 but he knows that Poirier is very easy matchup to get to 30-0 so maybe he wants to see that fight first before giving away his belt.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Dana doesn't want him to retire.

I'd like to see him move up to 170 to fight Usman or Colby, he cleaned out 155 already.

Maybe he's trying to convince his mother? It's a sensetive time for them and if his mom truly doesn't want him to fight, but he himself wants to continue, that's a difficult situation.

All we can do is wait and see. I bet this will go on for a while.

He extremely vocal about never wanting to fight healthy Conor 2.0 no matter how much he got paid after seeing what he did to Cowboy Cerrone at UFC 24
pretty sure that was his stance even before Conor fought Cerrone. Conor beating Cerrone has nothing to do with it

Because the grief is strong at the moment. He knows that in a few months or so it might feel different, his mother might want him to fight again

Maybe he's trying to convince his mother? It's a sensetive time for them and if his mom truly doesn't want him to fight, but he himself wants to continue, that's a difficult situation.

All we can do is wait and see. I bet this will go on for a while.
Come on......"his mother"! He's a grown ass Man!!

Do you think the reason why Khabib hasnt vacated his LW Belt yet is because he thinks Conor might somehow lose to Dustin Poirier?
He was extremely vocal about never wanting to fight healthy Conor 2.0 no matter how much he got paid after seeing what he did to Cowboy Cerrone at UFC 246 but he knows that Poirier is very easy matchup to get to 30-0 so maybe he wants to see that fight first before giving away his belt.

Thoughts?
Khabib doesn't think about conor the way you and conor think about khabib.

The issue is not just that Khabib's mom doesn't want him to fight, it's that Khabib promised her he wouldn't, and he's a man of his word.
He also promised his father first to fullfill his last wish to retire at 30-0 before Conor and Poirier got announced. I thought he retired but it makes no sense why he hasnt vacated yet if he truly is.
Jones vacated his LHW Belt with near record streak of defenses just to prove a point he really is moving up to HW and not just teasing fans.

There is a clear level difference between Conor and Khabib. Lol at thinking Cerrone fight means something, look at Nate Diaz fights, that's the real fight, and we know how hard for Conor to beat Nate Diaz. He got choked in the first fight, he barely won the second fight, by losing 2 rounds against Nate Diaz.

Even a kick boxing match would be close between Conor and Khabib, as Khabib is very fast, and he has a very tough chin. His jabs can put Conor on distance. He can even put pressure if he wants. Look at the round 3, you may say that Conor won ''barely'', but Conor definitely took a couple of serious jabs which was dangerous for Conor, which is why he couldn't do anything to Khabib, only outstrike him barely.

Adding Khabib's wrestling, ground game, his takedowns puts him on another level than Conor. Conor can never beat Khabib.

Only a fool could not know that this would be Conor thread.

There is a clear level difference between Conor and Khabib. Lol at thinking Cerrone fight means something, look at Nate Diaz fights, that's the real fight, and we know how hard for Conor to beat Nate Diaz. He got choked in the first fight, he barely won the second fight, by losing 2 rounds against Nate Diaz.

Even a kick boxing match would be close between Conor and Khabib, as Khabib is very fast, and he has a very tough chin. His jabs can put Conor on distance. He can even put pressure if he wants. Look at the round 3, you may say that Conor won ''barely'', but Conor definitely took a couple of serious jabs which was dangerous for Conor, which is why he couldn't do anything to Khabib, only outstrike him barely.

Adding Khabib's wrestling, ground game, his takedowns puts him on another level than Conor. Conor can never beat Khabib.
Conor came back with a vengeage against 170 lbs Full Camp Diaz and dropped him multiple times. I wouldnt want to rematch him either expecially knowing how obsessed he is in beating Khabib so you have to assume he has been practicing day and night to beat him.

Khabibs wrestling and chin is too good. I don't see Conor ever beating him

I remember when sherbums were saying Khabibi had a glass chin LOL. Ate all those shots like breakfast

Khabibs wrestling and chin is too good. I don't see Conor ever beating him
What matters is what Khabib thinks. He knows that one mistake is all it might take and Conor would most likely KO him.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

No.

He already said he isn;t interested in either of those as he's already choked them both out.

It will likely be GSP or nothing I reckon.

Back