Real reason Gsp wont fight Woodley

George is now a money fighter. He took the 185 fight knowing he would never defend, he simply knows that this is how MMA now works.

^ this.

I don't blame.GSP. Its the smart thing to do and he has earned it. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

What is sad is SOME of his fanbase are either pretending this isn't the case and/or actually too dense to realize this truth.

George is now a money fighter. He took the 185 fight knowing he would never defend, he simply knows that this is how MMA now works.

Not just that. He's specifically said he's interested in legacy. He doesn't need to look for money fights -- HE IS the money fight. Given that he's looking very slim lately, I think he's going for 155. My guess would be his 1st fight at LW is against Nate Diaz, which should sell 1 million+. If that happens in Toronto at UFC 231, which I really do think it might, then he could fight the Khabib/McGregor winner in 2019.

Winning the LW title would see him be the first fighter to win UFC belts in 3 weight classes, something that may not be touched for a long time.

When's the last time GSP had a free fight on television?
90% of the people posting these weird mental gymnastic hate threads have never even seen GSP fight.

Low hanging fruit.

It’s sad how people arent old enough to witness the greatness that of the goat. He destroyed 170, this shyt got to stop.

I would say he schooled the 170lb division.

Destroyed is more like what Anderson, Jones Fedor did.

Yeah I’m sure you predicted he’d end Till with a d’arce choke.
Don't put me in the retard-fan bracket. I actually understand the technique and my predictions are based on nothing else but technique (standup, grappling, etc.) and physique (power, cardio, etc.).

I see some habits from Woodley that can be exploited by Colby, GSP and Rory through distance management, body-locking, centerline footwork and linear volume.

Woodley's brilliance increases fighting southpaws. Last orthodox beat him and last closest orthodox was Thompson who had a two very close fights with Woodley. Thompson is a natural southpaw who developed switch-hitting guard.

Woodley enjoys parrying punches at the distance cause all these leftys can't use a jab handfighting with Woodley's lead hand. (listen what he said on the post fight presser)

Also, while fighting southpaws, he's able to slip FROM the power hand on the opposite side.

And these are just few things I mentioned.

Because he was overrated and only beat cans his entire career?

Id love to see him vs Woodley and if he won he would gain a ton of respect. But at this point his record speaks for itself and GSP doesnt need Woodley on his resume.
I think he takes on khabib/conor winner, becomes first 3 division champ and retires

Woodley is a better version of Hendricks. GSP dont want none of that shit.

Gsp didnt leave the sport w/his head held high. Many fans felt Gsp lost to Hendrick or a draw at best.

Gsp made the choice to cherry pick titles that he knws he can win. Bisping was a prefect pick. Everybody wntd to fight Bisping when he got the title.lol

Ever since Serra tko Gsp in his prime,it changed Gsp's style of fighting. He will only stand w/fighters who are not a threat of knocking him out. Nick Diaz, Koscheck or Bisping but opponents like Dan Hardy got wrestle fukd.

Woodley has dropped 3 of the top strikers in the ww divison. Lawler, Wonder boy, and Till. With Woodley's wrestling being good enough to stuf a tds, Gsp knws this fight is to risky.

He rather jab Khabib to a win or wrestle fuk Conor's brain out at LW. Keeping his holy ww goat status. Easy matches to win and add to his legacy. Duck the ww divison and duck Silva forever. U CAN NEVER BE TOP GOAT IN MY BOOK!
GSP
The Hendricks that fought GSP would beat Woodley.
Horse meat Hendricks vs Woodley would be an epic fight. I would favor Woodley, he has evolved a ton and his striking is still underrated. However Till did throw the one combo T-Wood had drilled to death and to me it seemed like Till was so inactive in round 1 he felt the need to just start throwing. He admitted it was about as silly of a mistake as he could have made. Would have liked to see Till spam oblique kicks but he wanted to avoid being taken down. Woodley is a bad matchup for any southpaw at this point.

Gsp didnt leave the sport w/his head held high. Many fans felt Gsp lost to Hendrick or a draw at best.

Gsp made the choice to cherry pick titles that he knws he can win. Bisping was a prefect pick. Everybody wntd to fight Bisping when he got the title.lol

Ever since Serra tko Gsp in his prime,it changed Gsp's style of fighting. He will only stand w/fighters who are not a threat of knocking him out. Nick Diaz, Koscheck or Bisping but opponents like Dan Hardy got wrestle fukd.

Woodley has dropped 3 of the top strikers in the ww divison. Lawler, Wonder boy, and Till. With Woodley's wrestling being good enough to stuf a tds, Gsp knws this fight is to risky.

He rather jab Khabib to a win or wrestle fuk Conor's brain out at LW. Keeping his holy ww goat status. Easy matches to win and add to his legacy. Duck the ww divison and duck Silva forever. U CAN NEVER BE TOP GOAT IN MY BOOK!

Your fingers just spewed a lot of poop. You should wash your hands.

Dont think he beat cans his whole career. U dont get goat status by beating cans.
Agreed. Total sarcasm.

He was beating the number 2 guys for years and making them look like amateurs.

When's the last time GSP had a free fight on television?
90% of the people posting these weird mental gymnastic hate threads have never even seen GSP fight. Sorry been watch since ufc 1. Even when Gsp lost to Matt Hughes.

Low hanging fruit.

So after winning the MW title and not defending it, pissing of a ton of people, you suggest he go back, potentially win the WW title, not defend it, leave WW in limbo and go for a LW title and probably leave that division in limbo too?

l am sure everyone would be ok with this.... what could possibly go wrong?
I mean Gsp should keep the ww title and go down to fight Conor or Khabib. No limbo! Had a enough of that shit w/Conor.

I mean Gsp should keep the ww title and go down to fight Conor or Khabib. No limbo! Had a enough of that shit w/Conor.
You want a guy at 38 to jump up and down weight classes, defending belts when he himself has said he has no interest in doing this? I see zero percent chance of this happening.

He wants money fights and it looks like he has no interest in specific people and interest in certain ones. I think he ultimately is weighing the best risk/reward for him and Woodley is huge risk with little reward.... GSP is already considered the greatest WW of all time and beating Woodley just ends the traction on Woodley making his claim to greatest WW of all time. It doesn't change anything for his WW legacy. I think GSP really wants someone else to derail Woodley. He may even think Woodley isn't clean but won't openly say it which could be another reason he doesn't want to fight him. He doesn't need Woodley. Woodley needs him... for now.... Woodley can certainly surpass Georges all-time at WW without beating Georges if he can manage to fight a few more years and keep winning.

So you say everyone wanted to fight Bisping when he got the title hey?
It is safe to say that everyone always wants to fight the champion genius, lol. Didn't think that statement through very well did you?

I can totally understand fighting for a big paydays only,but he's cherry picking fights we know he can win. Go back get your ww title then fight Khabib or Conor.

You really don't know what you are doing, do you?

Back