Real Greatness Remembered

One of the greatest:

[YT]fQfc58XeQXQ[/YT]

And:

[YT]GR-kuFNSXrA[/YT]

I said he wasn't BEST technician, not that he "couldn't fuckin box".

Chavez is a fighter who gladly takes 2 punches if he can land one of his. If you have that kind of mentality then staying in the range is not that big of a deal.

Staying in a range is "an art form" only if you hit without getting hit while staying in a range. Now that would be an art but it certainly wasn't Chavez game

Okay, you're saying he's not the "BEST" technician, but that's kind of a cop out, as the way you're describing him makes him out to seem like some sort of Mayorga like brawler. Who only wades in to land his hits, while taking 3 in return. In your first post you described his best attribute as toughness. Chavez was very technical in his offense and defense. World class skills. Not just some brawler who got by on toughness and guts :rolleyes: Maybe you should go back and re-watch some of his fights.

Okay, you're saying he's not the "BEST" technician, but that's kind of a cop out, as the way you're describing him makes him out to seem like some sort of Mayorga like brawler. Who only wades in to land his hits, while taking 3 in return. In your first post you described his best attribute as toughness. Chavez was very technical in his offense and defense. World class skills. Not just some brawler who got by on toughness and guts :rolleyes: Maybe you should go back and re-watch some of his fights.

Wait,... I wrote in my first post that Chavez was not best technician and that his toughness was his epic and you are coming here like I compared Chavez skills with Mayorga's brawling and what not ??

So what do you want me to say ? That Chavez WAS BEST technician ever and NOT so tough as people think he was - would that make you happy ?

While Chavez certainly wasn't Mayorga or Gatti type of fighter, I have seen many boxers technically as sound as Chavez and some even better, who couldn't make it to the top, much less to become legend he became. And neither would Chavez if it wasn't for his stubborn toughness which is his main feature, and I'm not the only one to say that.

If you think he owes all of that (success) solely to his superior boxing technique, then I don't know what more I could say to you.

Back