Real Greatness Remembered

Cracky

Fanny Pack
@Silver
Reaction score
Seems like most fans are starting to forget some of the great fighters of just a couple of generations ago. Post of a vid or two of some of your favorite fighters highlights so we can all be reminded of their greatness... Bonus for limiting it to guys you've actually seen fight live on tv or in person.

2 of my favorites.. drugs and alcohol hung around their necks like anchors... but they still were amazing...

[YT]lxuwTBIkqfY[/YT]

Great vid

[YT]yOp5ttxStrQ[/YT]

JCC was one of the meanest motherfuckers to ever enter the ring. Not best technician nor greatest athlete he was just tough motherfucker. A streak of 90 pro wins without a loss over a decade and half, gives a clue.

Sugar Ray Leonard was one of my all time favorites. He had such a "beautiful", eye-appealing boxing technique it seemed like he wasn't out of this world.

[YT]tobeGwAOTZw[/YT]

[YT]2Ys3IaJ_efc[/YT]

Nigel Benn, one of the reasons i gravitate to watching power punchers. If you hurt him you knew he was going to come back and try and give it back to you twice as hard. Plus his 2 fights with Eubank were great and the brutal war with McClellan.

JCC was one of the meanest motherfuckers to ever enter the ring. Not best technician nor greatest athlete he was just tough motherfucker. A streak of 90 pro wins without a loss over a decade and half, gives a clue.

I've always thought Chavez was a very good technician. It wasn't just toughness, the dude could fuckin box.

I've always thought Chavez was a very good technician. It wasn't just toughness, the dude could fuckin box.

I agree 100%.. staying in range is an art form..Chavez was always in range.. the master of all runners.. Hector Camacho couldn't escape him.. that's because he knew his shit.

That Benn vid was sick.. he was fun to watch... lucky he didnt get dq'ed a bunch though..

Anybody remember this guy

That Benn vid was sick.. he was fun to watch... lucky he didnt get dq'ed a bunch though..

Yeah, or at least a few points taken off but then again would you want to get in the way of that to try and stop him at times.

I said he wasn't BEST technician, not that he "couldn't fuckin box".

I agree 100%.. staying in range is an art form..Chavez was always in range.. the master of all runners.. Hector Camacho couldn't escape him.. that's because he knew his shit.

Chavez is a fighter who gladly takes 2 punches if he can land one of his. If you have that kind of mentality then staying in the range is not that big of a deal.

Staying in a range is "an art form" only if you hit without getting hit while staying in a range. Now that would be an art but it certainly wasn't Chavez game

Chavez is a fighter who gladly takes 2 punches if he can land one of his. If you have that kind of mentality then staying in the range is not that big of a deal.

Staying in a range is "an art form" only if you hit without getting hit while staying in a range. Now that would be an art but it certainly wasn't Chavez game

chavez face wouldnt change when hed get hit on the way inside,like it was made of stone or something.

they interviewed roger mayweather recently about his fights with jcc and he said "i hit the guy with my best shots and...he just wasnt going anywhere. i could tell hed just be there all day"

Cracky I'm on my phone and haven't worked this out yet. But I would be posting nas and too sharp right now.

chavez face wouldnt change when hed get hit on the way inside,like it was made of stone or something.

they interviewed roger mayweather recently about his fights with jcc and he said "i hit the guy with my best shots and...he just wasnt going anywhere. i could tell hed just be there all day"

Yeah, that's pretty much Chavez, in a nutshell

no brain damage no slurred speech...NOTHING..

what the hell is the guy made of?

just in the video I posted alone there is plenty of footage of Chavez hitting without getting hit..think your dumbing down his game a bit.. it was more complex and technical than you think.. he wasn't Floyd.. but he wasn't Gatti with a chin either.

James toney. Never get sick of his style.

One of my all time favorites.. wish they would have shown more of his defensive genius though..He really was almost the perfect fighter when he was prime.. He had power, speed, killer instinct, and beautiful defense...

People forget guys like this because basically no one is willing to compare them to the ATGs in a respectable way. He's no Duran. Robinson would beat this guy. The talent pool wasn't as deep as in the 50s. etc etc etc.

Videos won't show up for me for some reason.

Back