Television REACHER TV Series (Season 2 Trailer, post #174; Returns Dec. 15, 2023)

The Finale and season was as straightforward as you can possibly get , but I fucking loved it . Overall viewership for this was successful so yeah a lot of people are a fan of a Big non nonsense ass Kicker with a likable crew as well , even if 2 of them might only be 1 offs for the series.

yea not bad

I kinda hope they have another season of terminal list while we wait for teacher season 3

This isn't reinventing the wheel, but I enjoy it significantly. S1 was a bit more my speed and there were many more instances this season of having to suspend my disbelief, but it really didn't put a damper on the season for me. I liked them delving into the SI's past and giving the characters some depth, making you care about them, and while one note, Patrick is always a good villain. Like Bosch, it just scratches the right itch for me. 8/10ish. I was entertained.

How does the 2nd season compare to the 1st?

I liked the pacing, setting and believable action of S1 more. I thought the love interest was better, but the sidekick and villain were not. You can definitely see the budget shoot through the roof on S2, but I did enjoy S1 a little bit more.

I liked the pacing, setting and believable action of S1 more. I thought the love interest was better, but the sidekick and villain were not. You can definitely see the budget shoot through the roof on S2, but I did enjoy S1 a little bit more.

My 2 biggest criticisms about Season 1 were.

*It was filmed like it could have been optioned to be on a network like ABC or NBC, just with the nudity, violence, & language edited out. It was far too bright to reflect such a dark character like Reacher.

*The internal monolog of Reacher from the book was transfered into dialogue with other characters, so rather than be a silent & observant Sherlock Holms he was blabbermouth of what he observed... it came off like he insisted on letting everyone he was in a room with know he's smarter than them as a means of intimidation.

Would agree with these criticisms about Season 1 and were they fixed for Season 2?

My 2 biggest criticisms about Season 1 were.

*It was filmed like it could have been optioned to be on a network like ABC or NBC, just with the nudity, violence, & language edited out. It was far too bright to reflect such a dark character like Reacher.

*The internal monolog of Reacher from the book was transfered into dialogue with other characters, so rather than be a silent & observant Sherlock Holms he was blabbermouth of what he observed... it came off like he insisted on letting everyone he was in a room with know he's smarter than them as a means of intimidation.

Would agree with these criticisms about Season 1 and were they fixed for Season 2?

S2 was more gritty and a lot darker. A lot of the dialogue led the season to a lot more tell than show. However, it didn't bother me. In a way, these Amazon shows outside of the Boys are basically procedurals. I don't need them to be A+ for me to enjoy them. I'm not looking to nit pick every single thing. I know that they're going to take some liberties with the books and whatnot, but I'm fine with it. Ritchson is great in the role. The ensemble in S2 is fun. It hits it's beats and I'm good with it. If you had an issue with the characters seeming far too smart in S1, you may want to skip S2 altogether - there is an office and laptop scene that may make you want to rip your hair out, lol.

Great show, kind of basic yet still great. Like that each season so far has no “loose ends”.

Season 3 better have Reacher banging Nealy, it’s only fair.

I'm ok with s2, but s1 was better in almost every way. The only good character is Reacher, the essential weakness of this season, imo, is that all of the people they put around him are bland as hell. The chief of police and Roscoe from season 1 were better (though still not great). Neagley doesn't pop off the screen, which is a shame.

Also, is it me or is Richtson starting to look a bit weird: head seems bigger, face seems puffy and skin is approaching Donald Trump levels of orange.

Last edited:
I'm ok with s2, but s1 was better in almost every way. The only good character is Reacher, the essential weakness of this season, imo, is that none of the people they put around him are bland as hell. The chief of police and the blonde officer from season 1 were better (though not great).

Also, is it me or is Richtson starting to look a bit weird: head seems bigger, face seems puffy and skin is approaching Donald Trump levels of orange.

S2 is a handful of years past S1. I think they're trying to make him look more worn and weary since he's been without a home and wandering for years at this point. Hence the stubble, orangish tan, and him constantly looking exhausted.

Season 1 was great. This seems almost cringy so far. I laugh when they use the "you don't mess with the special investigators" line. It's so cri gy an forced. Entire season feels like a spoof on Jack Reacher not the actual Reacher series.
This season is a joke. It's dogshit. This show became a parody of itself overnight. JFC, it's one of the worst shows on TV. It's like Xena: Warrior Princess, but minus the tongue-in-cheek campiness.

Sure, Season 1 had several action sequences where it plunged into absurdly unrealistic, superhero-like choreography. But a little of that is forgivable. It's about a Bond-like protagonist, after all. This season? We get the biker gang shodown in the back of a restaurant parking lot. I can't even. What the fuck am I watching? The late seasons of Arrow on the CW?

And Season 1 had some moments where the dialogue plummeted into the histrionic musings a preteen might have, but that is all this season has to offer. There's no restraint. Sarcasm, condescension, bitchiness, self-righteousness, childish machismo... it's unrelentingly full throttle. Never lets up. All the characters preen like a bunch of snotnosed children. And it's like they think we won't realize how immature and melodramatic the show is because they throw in a sex scene we don't really want with a character we don't care about. No, you Hollywood idiots, that doesn't automatically make something appeal to adults. I miss Roscoe. I didn't realize she was the heart and soul of season 1. I do now.

How did this happen? It instantly became this mashup of a daytime soap opera, a campy 90's after-school low budget action series, a CW melodramatic superhero series, and the most garbage A-budget action movie serials like the Transformers sequels married to the cash-grabbing revenge flick pigwash that spawned from the success of Taken. Everything bad from all of those things rolled into one.

What a fucking epic disappointment.

This season is a joke. It's dogshit. This show became a parody of itself overnight. JFC, it's one of the worst shows on TV. It's like Xena: Warrior Princess, but minus the tongue-in-cheek campiness.

Sure, Season 1 had several action sequences where it plunged into absurdly unrealistic, superhero-like choreography. But a little of that is forgivable. It's about a Bond-like protagonist, after all. This season? We get the biker gang shodown in the back of a restaurant parking lot. I can't even. What the fuck am I watching? The late seasons of Arrow on the CW?

And Season 1 had some moments where the dialogue plummeted into the histrionic musings a preteen might have, but that is all this season has to offer. There's no restraint. Sarcasm, condescension, bitchiness, self-righteousness, childish machismo... it's unrelentingly full throttle. Never lets up. All the characters preen like a bunch of snotnosed children. And it's like they think we won't realize how immature and melodramatic the show is because they throw in a sex scene we don't really want with a character we don't care about. No, you Hollywood idiots, that doesn't automatically make something appeal to adults. I miss Roscoe. I didn't realize she was the heart and soul of season 1. I do now.

How did this happen? It instantly became this mashup of a daytime soap opera, a campy 90's after-school low budget action series, a CW melodramatic superhero series, and the most garbage A-budget action movies serials like the Transformers sequels married to the cash-grabbing revenge flick pigwash that spawned from the success of Taken. Everything bad from all of those things rolled into one.

What a fucking epic disappointment.

"they throw in a sex scene we don't really want with a character we don't care about. "

Thats straight from the book..

"they throw in a sex scene we don't really want with a character we don't care about. "

Thats straight from the book..
giphy.gif

There's tons of stuff in source material that doesn't go in.

giphy.gif

There's tons of stuff in source material that doesn't go in.

Dont scream about Hollywood throwing in a sex scene when its actually from the book.

Dont scream about Hollywood throwing in a sex scene when its actually from the book.
Spare me. They're the ones who are accountable for the choices of what scenes to include.

Spare me. They're the ones who are accountable for the choices of what scenes to include.

Yes lets blame Hollywood for following the book,
How dare they!

Yes lets blame Hollywood for following the book,
How dare they!
I'm blaming them for turning the series into a piece of pulp garbage. Put away your astroglide.

Back