Television REACHER TV Series (Season 2 Trailer, post #174; Returns Dec. 15, 2023)

I'm blaming them for turning the series into a piece of pulp garbage. Put away your astroglide.

You are crying about a sex scene.
It seems it did a number on you.
You blame it on Hollywood clearly not knowing its straight out of the book.
There is a lot wrong with the season but this was not one of the things.

Also there is a book all about the character " we dont care about".

the rest of your crying

giphy.gif

You blame it on Hollywood clearly not knowing its straight out of the book.
What are you talking about? I never said anything about the source material. I said they threw in a sex scene because they seem to believe this counters the preadolescent tone of the show. It's lipstick on a pig.

This is a show for junior high school boys.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about the source material. I said they threw in a sex scene because they seem to believe this counters the preadolescent tone of the show. It's lipstick on a pig.

This is a show for junior high school boys.
"They" didn't though, the author of the books did. Reacher is always bedding down someone in these books

Barely started watching reacher some funny dark comedy. Haven't liked an amazon show since the expanse this is great. I will report back when I finish the rest of the seasons which might take me three days because I get 3 days off this week.

This season is a joke. It's dogshit. This show became a parody of itself overnight. JFC, it's one of the worst shows on TV. It's like Xena: Warrior Princess, but minus the tongue-in-cheek campiness.

Sure, Season 1 had several action sequences where it plunged into absurdly unrealistic, superhero-like choreography. But a little of that is forgivable. It's about a Bond-like protagonist, after all. This season? We get the biker gang shodown in the back of a restaurant parking lot. I can't even. What the fuck am I watching? The late seasons of Arrow on the CW?

And Season 1 had some moments where the dialogue plummeted into the histrionic musings a preteen might have, but that is all this season has to offer. There's no restraint. Sarcasm, condescension, bitchiness, self-righteousness, childish machismo... it's unrelentingly full throttle. Never lets up. All the characters preen like a bunch of snotnosed children. And it's like they think we won't realize how immature and melodramatic the show is because they throw in a sex scene we don't really want with a character we don't care about. No, you Hollywood idiots, that doesn't automatically make something appeal to adults. I miss Roscoe. I didn't realize she was the heart and soul of season 1. I do now.

How did this happen? It instantly became this mashup of a daytime soap opera, a campy 90's after-school low budget action series, a CW melodramatic superhero series, and the most garbage A-budget action movie serials like the Transformers sequels married to the cash-grabbing revenge flick pigwash that spawned from the success of Taken. Everything bad from all of those things rolled into one.

What a fucking epic disappointment.
Thought of you when reading this review:

Generally enjoyed S2 for what it is.

But I am getting sick of "unarmed person beats up 6 dudes with military gear while bare handed and handcuffed" kind of bullshit. Last 2 episodes were particularly egregious with this nonsense.

I don't get who thinks that such un realistic fight scenarios are good?

Rebel Moon recently committed the same cardinal sin. Fight starts with literal multiple guns to heads and then unarmed people magicaly dodge hundreds of bullets with plot armor and walk away unscathed.

I respect a fight seen more if it has realism. If you get in a knife fight, you are getting cut. If you get in a gun fight your side is not taking out a whole team.of people and not taking ANY damage.

Season 2 was a lot stupider than season 1 it was like a bad banshee imitation. The biker gang fight was stupid and cheesy. Reacher robbing a drug dealer twice was also dumb like he is supposed to be a bwtter person for commiting a string arned robbery on drug dealer to uses their pistols in some murders.

Generally enjoyed S2 for what it is.

But I am getting sick of "unarmed person beats up 6 dudes with military gear while bare handed and handcuffed" kind of bullshit. Last 2 episodes were particularly egregious with this nonsense.

I don't get who thinks that such un realistic fight scenarios are good?

Rebel Moon recently committed the same cardinal sin. Fight starts with literal multiple guns to heads and then unarmed people magicaly dodge hundreds of bullets with plot armor and walk away unscathed.

I respect a fight seen more if it has realism. If you get in a knife fight, you are getting cut. If you get in a gun fight your side is not taking out a whole team.of people and not taking ANY damage.
Hard to believe. Like if I gave 5 guys PDW they would probably not miss vs reacher. Reacher would be killed almost immediately especially if they have tactical training. Reacher is always just using a pistol.

Last edited:
Tried to get into it. Too unrealistic for me. Rather just watch an action film.

Back