Re watched Pettis/Benson, It wasn't close

I had it tied at 2 going into the final round, and the final round was still pretty close up until the showtime kick of course which sealed the win.

Cowboy gets tagged wayyyy to often, his defense is suspect.

And Pettis is a guy who sets up ko shots, every strike has that english behind it.

Cowboy going to sleep, nappy time.

pettis is going to knock cerrone out.

it SURELY was a close fight. whether pettis won 3 rounds or 4, doesnt matter... Lets talk about tomorrow.. not yesterday!

Pettis 48-47 not sure what fight you saw

Pettis will finish Cerrone which will set up Bendo vs Pettis 2. The rematch that should have been made a long time ago.

I just watched it the other day and to me round 1 and 4 were a toss up. Bendo took round 2 and Pettis took round 3 and 5. I still had Pettis by a slight margin going into round 5 because of the questionable rounds.

It was 2-2 going into the 5th.

Just stop it whitebelt.

The only round I though Pettis truly won was the round he spent on Henderson's back. He won round 5 by default.

I had 2-2 going into the 5th and had Pettis clearly winning the 5th before the "Showtime Kick". Would love to see them match up again, Pettis is a really tough match up for Bendo I think. Bendo is not out striking Pettis.

Rounds 1 and 4 were kinda toss ups (I gave the former to Bendo, the latter to Pettis, as did most people), with Pettis having that strong vibes flowing at the end of the 4th Round.

Obviously Pettis pushing the action more forward than Bendo in Round 5 (Bendo was pushing the action, just not as much), but once that head kick landed, it went from Pettis having slightly more momentum to just totally controlling that fight.

I still don't get why causal MMA fans don't watch that full fight, because man, in context, that head kick was a momentum killer for Bendo. Plus, it was a FREAKING AMAZING FIGHT! No really, if you didn't think about reacting crazy (like jumping on your couch like Tom Cruise at some point in that fight) you're not a real MMA fan.

I had 2-2 going into the fifth round, thought it was going to be split decision until Pettis pulled off a ninja kick and took the round. Surprised at Bendo for surviving that kick.

That english behind it? But really hope your right would love to see a devastating KO from Pettis

Cowboy gets tagged wayyyy to often, his defense is suspect.

And Pettis is a guy who sets up ko shots, every strike has that english behind it.

Cowboy going to sleep, nappy time.

Styles make fights. Pettis is a little more athletic than Benson and he has good enough tdd to stuff some of bens shots. On the feet pettis is just a little but more technical and unpredictable so he matches up well with Henderson .

It was close and back and forth

But Pettis was no doubt the winner, I predict the second fight will be just as close, and so will the 3rd

I don't agree at all. Benson is much, much better than he was. He's gone 6-0 in the UFC with a win over a guy that humiliated Pettis. Benson is the champion and Pettis struggled in a split decision over unranked Stephens. His only clean win is over a gatekeeper in Lauzon.

Pettis is no longer on Benson's level. Fuck, I'm betting on Cowboy to beat Pettis.

you aren't making the assumption that the results will have any relation to their next fight are you? Bendo wins.

I agree with TS. It wasn't close at the end of the fight .. it was Pettis' fight going in to R4 by a slim margin .. he still had 3 to 1 IMO. The kick sealed it, making it "near impossible" for Bendo to win on points after that ... But in all fairness, Bendo looked beaten without it .. again that's just my opinion.

Dunno if it would go that way if they fought again.

Back