Re watched Pettis/Benson, It wasn't close

standupguru**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Those who says it was close or only reason Pettis won was via "showtime kick" is a liar.

Pettis took 4 rounds, imo.

Benson should speak out and be more vocal about avenging that Loss.

Thoughts ?

Pettis won that fight. I don't think he'd beat Henderson now but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, for Pettis, Cerrone won't give us the chance to find out.

Pettis won that fight. I don't think he'd beat Henderson now but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, for Pettis, Cerrone won't give us the chance to find out.

Cowboy gets tagged wayyyy to often, his defense is suspect.

And Pettis is a guy who sets up ko shots, every strike has that english behind it.

Cowboy going to sleep, nappy time.

Pettis did deserve the nod but most people had it 2-2 going into the 5th. It was a close fight.

I had it as a clear win for Pettis but it was fairly close. I'm pretty sure I gave Bendo two rounds. Pettis is a tough stylistic matchup for Bendo.

And Pettis is a guy who sets up ko shots, every strike has that english behind it.

Now you're just making shit up.

It was close and back and forth

But Pettis was no doubt the winner, I predict the second fight will be just as close, and so will the 3rd

It was a very competitive first 3 rounds and Pettis lost 1 maybe 2 of them. I think he won rounds 4 and 5 clearly. Also, into the 4th you could tell Bendo was getting the worse of the exchanges and Pettis was outwrestling/grappling him. He also took his back and had him in more danger for longer than Bendo had him. Pettis was clearly outstriking him and landing the more damaging shots.

Now i think the fight would still be ultra-competitive. Honestly i think Bendo has improved more than Pettis, but we haven't seen Pettis in the octagon as much as Bendo. Bendo uses his kicks more effectively now but his punching still isn't great. Pettis has KO power and better counter boxing and better utility of his kicks when he wants.

I've seen that fight like 4 or 5 times and a couple I thought Benson won, and the others I thought Pettis won so it was close. I'll give it to Pettis just for the glorious kick though.

Cerrone's got one of the most underrated chins in MMA. I don't see him getting KO'd here unless Pettis lands that lethal LHK. Pettis does have the ability to pick Cowboy apart but predicting a KO is a bit bold.

Cerrone's got one of the most underrated chins in MMA. I don't see him getting KO'd here unless Pettis lands that lethal LHK. Pettis does have the ability to pick Cowboy apart but predicting a KO is a bit bold.

Sig bet ?

Put ur money where your mouth is :D

It was 2-2 going into the fifth but I had Pettis winning that fifth round without the showtime kick.

Sig bet ?

Put ur money where your mouth is :D

I'm picking Pettis for that fight. I just don't think he'll KO the Cowboy. If you're asking for a sigbet on whether or not Cerrone will get KO'd, you should probably find a poster who cares more.

it was def a close fight but even without the quick Pettis took that fight

I had it 2-2 a piece going into 5 round. The showtime kick basically erase first two round for bendo .

I'm picking Pettis for that fight. I just don't think he'll KO the Cowboy. If you're asking for a sigbet on whether or not Cerrone will get KO'd, you should probably find a poster who cares more.

haha im jk man, i dont really care either.

I haven't seen the fight, but I heard there was a quite a kick in it...

Those who says it was close or only reason Pettis won was via "showtime kick" is a liar.

Pettis took 4 rounds, imo.

Benson should speak out and be more vocal about avenging that Loss.

Thoughts ?

I agree with you on the fact that more champs should go looking for revenge matches. Seems like a big black spot on Bendo's record.

I thought it was a really close fight. I had it 2-2 going into the 5th round, and the 5th round was close (Pettis had a slight edge and the kick sealed the deal), but the Showtime Kick more or less made it a "definitive" win for Pettis. Were it not for the kick, it could've gone either way.

Back