RDA vs Conor McGregor - Pre-Figth Analysis - Coach Firas Zahabi

His kicks really aren't that great. They're flashy and they distract from his left hand, but outside of some kicks to an unprepared Mendes and a kick to Brandao, both super short opponents, he hasn't used them to much effect at all. Not to mention they will leave him open for takedowns against RDA, which is the last thing in the world he wants. RDA gets top position, Conor is in big trouble.

Every single of Conors finishes have been from his left hand, so yea. His kicks are ok but not really a threat.

McGregor is one of the best linear kickers in the sport, which analysts have already touched on. It's much easier said than done to catch a front snap kick thrown from the ground up in a whip-like motion than it is a classic Muay Thai teep where the knee is raised first and the hip is thrust forward with the kick.

If RDA can't get it to the ground and/or can't slip his left hand consistently (nobody ever has) then he's in big trouble. Conor's finished opponents with his right hand as well and one by sub, so no, not all of his finishes have come from his left hand.

Last edited:
McGregor is one of the best linear kickers in the sport, which analysts have already touched on. It's much easier said than done to catch a front snap kick thrown from the ground up in a whip-like motion than it is a classic Muay Thai teep where the knee is raised first and the hip is thrust forward with the kick.

If RDA can't get it to the ground and/or can't slip his left hand consistently (nobody ever has) then he's in big trouble. Conor's finished opponents with his right hand as well and one by sub, so no, not all of his finishes have come from his left hand.

You my friend... Are a teep noob :)

You my friend... Are a teep noob :)

So you disagree then? Teeps are hard to catch in MMA? They're not. By disagreeing with me you're also disagreeing with the best analysts in MMA. lol

Basic Muay Thai Push Kick Technique Tips:
  • Push up on the balls of your post foot. This will help generate power, improve your accuracy and help push your opponent back.
  • Bring your knee to your chest/shoulder. The higher you bring your knee or foot the more likely you will be able to clear their defense and you make it easier to strike to the face too.
  • Extend out like you’re kicking down a door. Stay balanced and snap your kick just like you would snap your jab or cross.
  • Return your foot back to it’s original position. Now this isn’t always true (you might use it as a set up strike for something else) but for the basic front kick technique it helps you focus on your balance and defense which is very important.
  • Extend your hips and pivot post foot slightly. This is where you generate the power and the snap to your teep kick. It’s not just your leg doing the work, it’s your hips too!
  • Opposite arm stays up to protect your beautiful face
  • Same side arm swings down to generate leverage and power behind your muay thai front kick.

Look at bullet points #2 and #3, neither of which Conor uses. Conor's front snap kicks are done in one whipping motion, not two, which a classic Thai teep is (again, the knee is raised first, as I said). The kicking hip is thrust outwards/forwards, as I also said. This makes the kick easier to catch because it isn't coming up from the ground in a singular motion without the hip thrust outward and snapping forward linearly.

http://www.muay-thai-guy.com/how-to-throw-a-push-kick.html

Last edited:
Teep is the name for many different form of front kicks. Both snap, thrust, side, ect..

What does it have to do with my comment? Aldo didn't even think about low kicking McGregor (or taking him down, for that matter). If you noticed, he didn't low kick Mendes in their second fight either.
Aldo himself disagrees with you. He saw it as too dangerous. Try again.

Well granted RDA is an all around fighter meanwhile, Conor is a puncher with a few kicks, that's it. Let's not pretend like Conor is well rounded, even his delusional fans can't pretend that shit. Conor has a punchers chance, that's it, just accept it and move on.

Shit post.

Teep is the name for many different form of front kicks. Both snap, thrust, side, ect..

It's a push kick, which I just linked to. There are significant differences in the mechanics of the front kicks that McGregor uses and the classic Muay Thai teep. Notice I said "classic", a traditional teep, which is committed to with the hip and done in two steps, making it telegraphed and thus easier to catch.

McGregor was smart to NOT throw these traditional Muay Thai teeps, especially against wrestlers or MT fighters that are good at catching kicks. If you rewatch the Mendes fight the few times Mendes was able to catch McGregor's heel he couldn't do anything with it, McGregor was lazy with some of them but still retracted it back due to his flexibility and balance. "You can't kick a wrestler", Conor showed that you certainly can, just not with a Thai teep.

It's a push kick, which I just linked to. There are significant differences in the mechanics of the front kicks that McGregor uses and the classic Muay Thai teep. Notice I said "classic", a traditional teep, which is committed to with the hip and done in two steps, making it telegraphed and thus easier to catch.

McGregor was smart to NOT throw these traditional Muay Thai teeps, especially against wrestlers or MT fighters that are good at catching kicks. If you rewatch the Mendes fight the few times Mendes was able to catch McGregor's heel he couldn't do anything with it, McGregor was lazy with some of them but still retracted it back due to his flexibility and balance. "You can't kick a wrestler", Conor showed that you certainly can, just not with a Thai teep.

I will try one more time: muay thai uses many form of straight kicks. Not just the deep penetrating push kick.

What is your experience in muay thai?

Also: conor was nowhere near the first mma guy to kick a wrestler..

I will try one more time: muay thai uses many form of straight kicks. Not just the deep penetrating push kick.

What is your experience in muay thai?

Also: conor was nowhere near the first mma guy to kick a wrestler..

I don't need experience in Muay Thai to know the traditional teep that I'm describing and just linked you to a video of a Nak Muay demonstrating against another Nak Muay holding the pads. The mechanics are different than the front snap kicks thrown in a whip-like singular motion that McGregor used extensively against Mendes. I never said that Conor was the first MMA fighter to kick a wrestler so that's irrelevant.

I don't need experience in Muay Thai to know the traditional teep that I'm describing and just linked you to a video of a Nak Muay demonstrating against another Nak Muay holding the pads. The mechanics are different than the front snap kicks thrown in a whip-like singular motion that McGregor used extensively against Mendes. I never said that Conor was the first MMA fighter to kick a wrestler so that's irrelevant.

Okay.

Shit post.
Actually, your post is the shit post, literally. Even Firas knows that Conor has a puncher's chance and that's it, once that goes away then we are going to see Conor get beat up really badly. RDA is gonna make this look like he is using advanced interrogation techniques on Conor lol.

WholeAcceptableDobermanpinscher.gif

Do you think RDA can slip and right hook?

Back