RDA vs Conor McGregor - Pre-Figth Analysis - Coach Firas Zahabi

Awesome breakdown by one of the greatest minds in MMA. I completely agree with what he said.

What does it have to do with my comment? Aldo didn't even think about low kicking McGregor (or taking him down, for that matter). If you noticed, he didn't low kick Mendes in their second fight either.
It means you are just a hater and no matter what logic I bring you will excuse it away.

Good video from Firas. I don't agree on an Aldo rematch happening next if RDA were to beat Conor though. McGregor will be fighting Edgar next win or lose against RDA. Will Conor land his left in the first 10 minutes? He always has, usually immediately. RDA's head movement is nowhere near as good as Aldo's and RDA has been knocked out before, two things Firas didn't mention. ;)

It means you are just a hater and no matter what logic I bring you will excuse it away.

Well, I didn't see any logic in your pics. I said "much harder to defend outside low kick", you showed one picture of a injured kickboxer (and how many others are safe?). I said that it's an outlier and McGregor likely didn't train checking low kicks that much, you showed a picture of Aldo knockout which had NOTHING to do with it since Aldo didn't low kick McGregor once in that fight and didn't even attempt to do so.

P. S. Watch dos Anjos vs Diaz and see how he wrecked Diaz' lead leg and didn't give a shit about Diaz' attempts at protecting it.

P. P. S. I thought and continue to think that the blueprint for beating McGregor is there, the question is whether his opponent can execute a gameplan. Like Ronda Rousey, McGregor has one killer weapon and thousand of setups for landing it. It took a focused, perfectly prepared and athletically equal to Rousey fighter in Holly Holm to beat her. I thought Aldo was this fighter, but it's clear that he wasn't enough focused to execute a necessary gameplan and his temper got in the way. Let's see if RDA is that fighter. If he loses, it will likely be due to him not doing what is a necessary gameplan.

Good analysis overall, but I found it interesting that he spent all this time talking about RDA's kicks and made it sound like Conor has a left hand and that's it. Conor's kicks have been a big factor in several of his fights. I think the speed and accuracy advantage that he enjoys with his hands carries over to the feet as well. RDA has to turn this into an ugly fight early and grind Conor down. Exchanges happening in open space are going to tend to favor McGregor, whether punching or kicking, IMO.

This guy was pro Aldo and now he's pro RDA.

This guy will be wrong again. When will these fools learn that they don't move like he moves and they don't think like he thinks.

firas is just another bum. it's embarrassing how he stepped out of line told rogan that duffy was dropping to featherweight after his debut. basically to chase conor. like conor says, "winners focus on winning, and losers focus on winners"

Firas is always great

Just needs to filter the questions beforehand

Good analysis overall, but I found it interesting that he spent all this time talking about RDA's kicks and made it sound like Conor has a left hand and that's it. Conor's kicks have been a big factor in several of his fights. I think the speed and accuracy advantage that he enjoys with his hands carries over to the feet as well. RDA has to turn this into an ugly fight early and grind Conor down. Exchanges happening in open space are going to tend to favor McGregor, whether punching or kicking, IMO.

All Firas said really was about how lethal McGregor's left hand is, how powerful and precise, and that McGregor was a really good boxer and an even bigger puncher than RDA. McGregor is definitely more than just a boxer-puncher with a "death card" left hand. The only time Firas did mention McGregor's kicks was when he was talking about blending his TKD kicks in with his boxing but didn't discuss how good of a kicker Conor is, especially as a linear kicker who can also kick good and hard laterally. He didn't really touch on how good McGregor's timing is either, how tricky he is and about how good his fight IQ and shot selection is, his range control, or his body work which he used against Mendes in devastating fashion.

Last edited:
All Firas said really was about how lethal McGregor's left hand is, how powerful and precise, and that McGregor was a really good boxer and an even bigger puncher than RDA. McGregor is definitely more than just a boxer-puncher with a "death card" left hand. The only time Firas did mention McGregor's kicks was when he was talking about blending his TKD kicks in with his boxing but didn't discuss how good of a kicker Conor is, especially as a linear kicker who can also kick good and hard laterally. He didn't really touch on how good McGregor's timing is either, how tricky he is and about how good his fight IQ and shot selection is, or his body work which he used against Mendes in devastating fashion.

Firas only has knowledge of inferior fighter's he's trained with or Brazilians.

He really doesn't have a clue what makes Conor who he is. He had the same analysis of McGregor for the Aldo fight.

You would get the impression from Firas analysis that Conor was an all or nothing puncher like Jake Ellenberger, who has to rely on one big shot. Conor is a high volume striker who beats people up before landing finishing blows.

Firas only has knowledge of inferior fighter's he's trained with or Brazilians.

He really doesn't have a clue what makes Conor who he is. He had the same analysis of McGregor for the Aldo fight.

I thought it was a pretty good video but he didn't mention a lot of important stuff that should've been mentioned. He concentrated too much on Conor's left hand and looked at RDA's full game in comparison, which seems pretty biased, but whatever.

You would get the impression from Firas analysis that Conor was an all or nothing puncher like Jake Ellenberger, who has to rely on one big shot. Conor is a high volume striker who beats people up before landing finishing blows.

He is but doesn't need the volume necessarily, especially if he's planning to counter with his left. He has a high work rate with one shot KO power and laser-like precision with great timing and understanding of angles and setups. He can lead and counter both very well, fight off his back foot really well, and all of this makes him very dangerous and a versatile fighter.

People complain about less then a hour of smart break down, yet they watch + 3 hours stoned Rogan and bravo talking about aliens and bigfoot

Well granted RDA is an all around fighter meanwhile, Conor is a puncher with a few kicks, that's it. Let's not pretend like Conor is well rounded, even his delusional fans can't pretend that shit. Conor has a punchers chance, that's it, just accept it and move on.

All Firas said really was about how lethal McGregor's left hand is, how powerful and precise, and that McGregor was a really good boxer and an even bigger puncher than RDA. McGregor is definitely more than just a boxer-puncher with a "death card" left hand. The only time Firas did mention McGregor's kicks was when he was talking about blending his TKD kicks in with his boxing but didn't discuss how good of a kicker Conor is, especially as a linear kicker who can also kick good and hard laterally. He didn't really touch on how good McGregor's timing is either, how tricky he is and about how good his fight IQ and shot selection is, or his body work which he used against Mendes in devastating fashion.

His kicks really aren't that great. They're flashy and they distract from his left hand, but outside of some kicks to an unprepared Mendes and a kick to Brandao, both super short opponents, he hasn't used them to much effect at all. Not to mention they will leave him open for takedowns against RDA, which is the last thing in the world he wants. RDA gets top position, Conor is in big trouble.

Every single of Conors finishes have been from his left hand, so yea. His kicks are ok but not really a threat.

Last edited:
People complain about less then a hour of smart break down, yet they watch + 3 hours stoned Rogan and bravo talking about aliens and bigfoot

Only like 15 minutes of it is breakdown anyways. The rest is him answering pretty medicore fan questions which can be skipped.

Well granted RDA is an all around fighter meanwhile, Conor is a puncher with a few kicks, that's it. Let's not pretend like Conor is well rounded, even his delusional fans can't pretend that shit. Conor has a punchers chance, that's it, just accept it and move on.

Conor is a well rounded striker with very underrated TDD. RDA isn't Mendes, his wrestling is not on that level. RDA isn't a better striker and he telegraphs his strikes because he loads up on them from a mile away. Conor has more than a puncher's chance against RDA, in fact, he could very well drop him with a spinning back kick to the gut on RDA's way in or smack him with a head kick. McGregor is more flexible than RDA and as Firas himself said, Aldo is the more technical striker and is quicker than RDA. Aldo's hands are better than RDA and McGregor's are better than both.

Back