Raw eggs

GreenRecon

Swift, Silent, Deadly
Reaction score
Just wondering who else eats raw eggs? I drink 4 whites and 2 whole three times a day with my protien shakes.

THat's a lot of protein, but also a lot of calories. I'd say 500 just off the top of my head.

actually, the bioavailability of the protein in egg whites is significantly reduced when they're raw.

Yeah, there's really not any reason they need to be consumed Raw versus cooked.

King Kabuki said:
Yeah, there's really not any reason they need to be consumed Raw versus cooked.
Its alot easier to drink them in a shake than to cook them. Raw eggs are a fast and easy way to get in extra protein.

You're adding them to your shakes. I get it. You made it sound like you gulp them down THEN the shake. lol

As long as they are Organic Free range.:)) Eat up, I put them in my blender with raw honey and vegetable juices that I just juiced from my juicer. :))

I'd also try to get eggs from grass-fed fowl. They contain much more natural omega-3's from what I've read. But I bet they're a pain in the ass to get a hold of.

GreenRecon said:
Its alot easier to drink them in a shake than to cook them. Raw eggs are a fast and easy way to get in extra protein.

Actually, I recently read (and I can't remember where, I was skimming) that egg yolks are damaged by the slightest jarring- a blender destroys their profile.

Makes sense if you watch the nature channel enough. For the most part, I've noticed predators to be VERY ginger with eggs they've nabbed.

King Kabuki said:
I'd also try to get eggs from grass-fed fowl. They contain much more natural omega-3's from what I've read. But I bet they're a pain in the ass to get a hold of.
I've never seen the grass-fed ones. I've have seen the organic but they were double the price.

GreenRecon said:
I've never seen the grass-fed ones. I've have seen the organic but they were double the price.

Do you have a local farmers market? A woman at the one in my town sells free-range eggs. We have to compete for that shit, though, it goes fast, but my moms is on top of that. She OWNS!

Those eggs are the ONLY eggs (as far as I'm concerned).

Tommy Seoul said:
THat's a lot of protein, but also a lot of calories. I'd say 500 just off the top of my head.
And a heck of a lot of cholesterol.

i drink it all the time, it beats cooking them and eating a lot of egg whites

farmboy said:
And a heck of a lot of cholesterol.
Not to rain on your egg hating parade, but dietary cholesterol actually has little to do with the LDL and HDH levels present in your body. Those are more commonly attributed to the ingestion of refined carbohydrates. In addition, by consuming the white you're getting omega-3 fatty acids which do well to lower your cholesterol levels. Long story short: shut up and eat some eggs. I start every day off with 4 fried eggs.

I cook mine as I prefer the taste of the cooked. Plus you avoid possible salmonella. It might be overhyped a bit though.

(see the following link for risk assessment )
RISK ASSESSEMNT, U.S. Department of Agriculture

The actual ratio of contaminated eggs per total # produced annually is pretty low though, 2.3 million contaminated out of 69 billion eggs total.

Madmick said:
Actually, I recently read (and I can't remember where, I was skimming) that egg yolks are damaged by the slightest jarring- a blender destroys their profile.

Makes sense if you watch the nature channel enough. For the most part, I've noticed predators to be VERY ginger with eggs they've nabbed.

i just mix them a little with a spoon

Back