Rate UFC173: 1-10

DjToon

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Including the pre-lims.

We saw some amazing fights, great finishes and a change of champions that 90% of people didn't see coming.

What's your rating? I give it, overall, a solid 8.5/10

8 or 9. The main card delivered and the prelims were fun. Ferguson and Chiesa are always good for solid fights.

For some measure, I rate UFC 100 and 116 10/10 and UFC 139 9/10.

Honestly, probably a 6 or a 7. There were some good fights, but the 3 main fights were completely uncompetitive. The only saving grace was that one of those total blowouts was a completely unexpected upset.

Hell, come to think of it, was there a single truly competitive fight in the main card or televised undercard? I can't recall one. A night of pretty one-sided fights. No way I can call that a 9 or a 10. I think a 6/7 is being generous. The huge upset in the main event was really the only saving grace.

Main event was a 10/10. Varner vs. krause was a 1 out of 10 because of the injury, useless fight. mizu vs francis 6/10 nothing really to say bout this fight. ellenberger vs lawler 3/10 ellenberger sitting there doing nothing once again. cormier/hendo 8/10 dem throwz. overall, a 7/10 for the entire card.

A 9 because of the main event. If Barao would have ran through Dillashaw like most thought, it would have been a 5 or 6 for me.

Just the Dillashaw fight makes it a 10. You rarely ever see championship upsets like that. Total domination of a legit and dangerous opponent. Silva / Sonnen 1 was the last time I've seen a champion get owned like that and that was like 4 years ago.

4/10 every fight was boring or average.. but the main event fight was totally awesome and great.

A 9 because of the main event. If Barao would have ran through Dillashaw like most thought, it would have been a 5 or 6 for me.
Agreed, seeing an upset like that really capped off the card for me. I liked a lot of the other fights as well but that was a perfect finale.

Back