Rate UFC173: 1-10

Didn't watch it live and got the main event result spoiled via text.
Wouldn't be fair to rate it because I ended up fast forwarding a lot to get to the main event.
First PPV I've missed in years.

I would say 7.5

overall, i give it an 8/10. barao vs tj was such a good fight. wow. what an unbelievable upset. i never, for one second, thought tj could dominate barao in the manner that he did. it was a great fight.

I had Fight Night 40 at 9, so this is an 8.5. Not quite as good as the last card, but memorable in its own right.

should had been fantastic if the event started at the same time but without the Fight Pass prelims ... UFC pacing is terrible for such long events.

Fight Pass prelims: 5/10
first 2 fights were technically terrible, Njokuani didn't fought as I expected

FS1 prelims: 6/10
Clarke sub was beauty, Ferguson KO seemed a freakshow too me but probably OK for jbf, the rest were interesting grappling-wise but not entertaining in the way that there were no comeback hopes

Main card: 8/10
A pity for Krause-Varner match, the rest was very very good

I give a 7/10 to the whole event

265.gif

The entire card was pretty awesome. Sad to see Hendo get dominated but knew it was coming.

8/10

Solid card from start to finish.

265.gif

The entire card was pretty awesome. Sad to see Hendo get dominated but knew it was coming.

Class :D

I wouldn't go that far but I agree it was a pretty spectacular event, all things considered!

8/10. Would have been lower but Dillashaw's upset was so awesome that it made up for Ellenberger not having a clue what to do against Robbie, Mizugaki showing a remarkable lack of killer instinct, and and Cormier treating one of my all-time favorites like he owed him money.

Main Card 10!
Prelims 8
Fight Pass Prelims 7.
I had a great time watching it with family and friends.

Back