Rate this diet:

dan_foster11

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Im a student. Ive got a weight loss goal for may 30th of 10 pounds. I train muay thai mondays, mma wednesdays, and hit the gym or run on every other day. Heres my proposed diet for the next 10 weeks:

Breakfast:
Raw veggies and fruit, maybe some nuts.

Lunch: Fresh salad with nuts, fruit.

Dinner: Lean chicken or fish, maybe some potatoes or rice, whole grain pastas, veggies.

Snacks are fruit and raw veggies. I take creatine before training.

Anything there that needs to be changed?

try switching your lunch and dinners around.

also, to swtich things up, maybe throw in some steamed collard greens with vinegar. i like to biol green cabbage as well, the rain it and toss it in a small amount of oil with red pepper flakes. ...or make some sauerkraut. my grandpa makes his with a really smal amouht of sea salt.

i like how you have whole foods, man.

On that diet I think you'd be able to drop 10+lbs by April 30th.

After rereading your post I would say you have a severe shortage of protein, fat, carbs, and in general calories in that proposed diet. If you're as active as you say you are you should have A LOT more calories in your diet. Of course the number of calories depends on your size.

I'm 6'5" and 235 pounds. I used to be 245 pounds. I dropped ten pounds after I corrected my diet and the correction had me eating more. It's about speeding up your m e t abolism and getting your body the proper amount of fuel and recovery foods.

Im a student. Ive got a weight loss goal for may 30th of 10 pounds. I train muay thai mondays, mma wednesdays, and hit the gym or run on every other day. Heres my proposed diet for the next 10 weeks:

Breakfast:

Dinner: Lean chicken or fish, maybe some potatoes or rice, whole grain pastas, veggies.

Starvation diets ftl! I tried explaining this to my mothers boyfriend, who is 260lbs or so, and on a 1200kc a day diet. You have to eat, to lose.

You have a severe lack of protein, and fats (ontop of calories in general). I'd throw in some eggs for breakfast (...eggs > all :) ) I don't care how many, just get some in there. I don't know how much you weigh, but I'd suggest 3-4.

I'd do the same thing at lunch, find a lean protein (chicken breast, turkey, whatever...) and throw it in the salad grilled (tastes best grilled in salads imo).

Dinner looks fine, although I'd cut out the potatoes,rice, or pasta's unless it is right after a workout (or within two hours). If it isn't, cook up some extra's veggies and eat them (spinach, ftfw - for the fucking win).

And as far as snacking, grab a protein supplement if you cannot cook anything.

Also, I'd look into buying some fish oil. You can find the sherdoggers guide to it in the stickys.

Olive Oil pwns, cook with it.

(I am now off to make breakfast - 3 eggs with red pepper, spinach, tomatoes, and onion with some fruit on the side.....mmm)

To the TS, don't listen to this guy. You need to read the FAQ. It would also help if you posted your goals.

Perhaps you should read the original post before you tell people not to listen to me. You yourself said there's a severe shortage of fats and calories in his diet. Ass. :rolleyes:

Protein and fat is severely lacking.

Yes, but it's hard to tell w/out knowing your current weight/conditioning.

On that diet, just stop the creatine and you'll drop water. You don't have nearly enough protein in your diet (unless you're a smurf) to really get much out of it anyway.

Meal 1: 3 Eggs, 1 Red Bell Pepper, 3 Cups Spinach, 1 Tomato, 1 Banana, 1 Orange, 3 fish oil caps.

Meal 2 : Protein Shake (1 Banana, 2 Tsp PB, 2 Scoops Whey in Water) + Apple. 3 fish oil caps.

Snack : 1 Serving Almonds, Apple.

This is what i've eaten so far today. I already have more servings of veggies/fruits, protein, and fat than you have shown in all of your meals, and this is for weightloss. *Notice the lack of any starchy carbs.

Meal 1: 3 Eggs, 1 Red Bell Pepper, 3 Cups Spinach, 1 Tomato, 1 Banana, 1 Orange, 3 fish oil caps.

Meal 2 : Protein Shake (1 Banana, 2 Tsp PB, 2 Scoops Whey in Water) + Apple. 3 fish oil caps.

This is what i've eaten so far today. I already have more servings of veggies/fruits, protein, and fat than you have shown in all of your meals, and this is for weightloss. *Notice the lack of any starchy carbs.

That looks real nice. Seriously, if you can't lose 10lbs in more than _2 months_ on a diet like this you're either cheating or sitting on the couch all day.

I probably burned more calories than whats listed just from my cardio last night.

Breakfast:

I would add some protein. Eggs are a great option for the morning; or possibly a scoop of whey

Try and throw some grilled chicken on top of you salad

If this meal is after your training, you should be ok. If not, I would wait to eat the potatoes, rice, or pasta until after your workout

Don't be afraid to take in protein whenever possible. Since you are active, you assumingly want to maintain your muscle mass and performance level, so don't skip the protein

What were you eating prior to switching to the posted regime?

Breakfast:

you need fats best consumed from almonds once a day. you need more carbs to suppliment your energy and you need to add more protein for muscle recovery

Breakfast:

eat egg whites oatmeal with the fruit for breakfast. stick to berries or an apple no grapes for guys. you can eat the nuts for a snack in between breakfast and lunch. switch lunch and dinner you don't want carbs later in the day. stick with the nuts and fruits for snacks that is good. add some whole grains to breakfast and lunch to get the good carbs and only eat brown rice. i would stay away from potatoes until you lose the weight. you should lose weight i don't know your body type but you will lose weight. if you pm me i can email you a diet and weight training plan to start on monday or something let me know.

To finish this out

Meal 3: 2 lean hamburger patties, 3 cups spinach, tomato.

Snack : Banana, Orange.

Meal 4: same as 3, minus the spinach - I got lazy.

10 Mins tabata sledge hammer work + car pushing, ftw.

eat egg whites oatmeal with the fruit for breakfast. stick to berries or an apple no grapes for guys. you can eat the nuts for a snack in between breakfast and lunch. switch lunch and dinner you don't want carbs later in the day. stick with the nuts and fruits for snacks that is good. add some whole grains to breakfast and lunch to get the good carbs and only eat brown rice. i would stay away from potatoes until you lose the weight. you should lose weight i don't know your body type but you will lose weight. if you pm me i can email you a diet and weight training plan to start on monday or something let me know.

:icon_neut

Eat the whole egg, or no egg. It's whole for a reason, eat it as so. No grapes? Last time I checked grapes are perfectly fine. And why would you recommend excess carbohydrates in the form of whole grains? Grains are the major things that make people gain weight. They are low in fibre, high in carbs and calories, and low in nutrients - what in the fuck is the point of consuming them if you are not starving? Eat vegetables and fruits for your carbs.

Eat the whole egg, or no egg. It's whole for a reason, eat it as so. No grapes? Last time I checked grapes are perfectly fine. And why would you recommend excess carbohydrates in the form of whole grains? Grains are the major things that make people gain weight. They are low in fibre, high in carbs and calories, and low in nutrients - what in the fuck is the point of consuming them if you are not starving? Eat vegetables and fruits for your carbs.[/QUOTE]

grapes are bad for men trying to diet that's all. i'm not telling to eat more grains i'm saying eat them early if you plan to eat them. i'm going based on what you have already. whole grains are not low in fiber or nutrients, and the carbs are good carbs.

in my opinion protine is over rated i use an alkiline dirt when weight cutting and it is very little protine but i do agree switch dinner with lunch so you get your carbs earley and can burn them instead of eating them and then going to bed so the store

in my opinion protine is over rated i use an alkiline dirt when weight cutting and it is very little protine but i do agree switch dinner with lunch so you get your carbs earley and can burn them instead of eating them and then going to bed so the store

Jesus H Christ that post makes no sense, Richard. Do yourself a favor and get Firefox with a spellcheck dictionary add-on installed. It's way cheaper than taking junior high grammar all over again.

Back