Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 137 Teixeira vs. Manuwa (Sao Paulo, Brazil)

Thats a decent free card. Both Alex Oliveira and Antonio Carlos Jr.are fighters that probably won't ever fight for a title but are fun to watch.
It's very weird to me that a guy as big and powerful as Antonio Carlos Jr. doesn't have a single KO/TKO win on his record.

Howboy is gonna beat that ass.

giphy.gif

It's very weird to me that a guy as big and powerful as Antonio Carlos Jr. doesn't have a single KO/TKO win on his record.
The Rani Yahya effect. Get so good at jiujitsu that striking is barely a means to an end.

So Godbeer is out of his fight with Henrique and was replaced by Ryan Spann. I think that's a better fight.

So Godbeer is out of his fight with Henrique and was replaced by Ryan Spann. I think that's a better fight.
Way tougher fight for Henrique, I like it though, since I think Spann will get it done.

prolly not bad for a fox card. but nothing on there that will make me tune in.

The Rani Yahya effect. Get so good at jiujitsu that striking is barely a means to an end.
True, but even while on the ground he's looking more so for position and wrist control, etc than ground and pound. When he gets a fighter grounded he doesn't work a lot of punches even when he's in great position to land some good shots

Sad to see the once great Renan Barao on the prelims. At one point, people here are putting him top 5 on the P4P list

I rate the card 3/10. It's a very typical FS1 Brazil card. I've seen so many lineups like this.

3 of 10? what? I know some of these fights aren’t like, changing the landscape of MMA and the title scenes and such but there are some good, fun fights on this card.

This is better than UFC 227 as a whole for sure. Not saying 227 is amazing or anything, but this card is at least a solid 6/10.

I can't believe Lombard is still around too.

6/10
I would say 5 but they had to bring my boy elias to spam kick and win by outcardio against the bum who got knocked out by grandpa Kelly

7.5 sounds about right to me.. Depends if you are a fan of these guys or not.

Some solid match-ups, decent sized names too. I can't wait for Manuwa vs Glover too.

FS1 Main Card:

Glover Teixeira vs. Jimi Manuwa
Neil Magny vs. Alex Oliveira
Antonio Carlos Jr. vs. Elias Theodorou
Antonio Nogueira vs. Sam Alvey
Franciso Trinaldo vs. Evan Dunham
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Belal Muhammad

FS1 Prelims:

Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
Ketlen Viera vs. Tonya Evinger

Fight Pass Prelims:

Ryan Spann vs. Luis Henrique
Livia Renata Souza vs. Alex Chambers

With the addition of Glover vs. Manuwa as the confirmed Main Event for UFC Sao Paulo, it seems the event is complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order for the card has not yet been determined and the one above is purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, what do you guys think of the card? It isn't bad for a Fight Night, it's got some solid matchups. I would have liked a better Main Event for the card but this one won't get any complaints from me. I do think Lil Nog should not be fighting anymore in 2018 though and Leites vs. Lombard will also probably be pretty depressing. Weird to see Barao go from a Champion to fighting new comers.
I rate the card a 7.5/10. What do you guys think?
Battle of the ancients. Half of the people on this card should not be fighting anymore and we all know it.

Pumped for Smiling Sam‘s wife. Hope he wins and she enters the cage.

its pretty bad but i got used to fight nights being bad.

Back