rate matt browns skillset

Tavares1988

Lyoto machida's cute puppy
Banned
Reaction score
Kinda hard to rate this guys skillset in my opinion but lets try. He in my opinion is 10x more exciting than gsp . No way on earth that a fighter could win 7x in a row just by brawling especialy if your in da ufc. Matt brown has a secret or maybe matt is actually improving drasticaly
1. Striking= if anderson is 10 id give matt brown a6.5
2wrestling= no idea
3.bjj= active guard and can submit any bjj blackbelt in ww of they got hurt. Maia is 10 i give brown a 6
Stamina /conditioning= Id give him 10
heart= A 10

Generally I'd give him between 6 and 7 on everything except cardio/pace, which would be a 9 or 10.

His submission defense is probably a 4 or 5.

All of these numbers were decided on after rigorous research and scientific testing, AKA, I pulled them out of my butt.

1. Being a buzz saw - 10

its pretty crazy to watch brown. the more he gets hit, the better he gets in the fight

Tenacity - 10

It's not a minority opinion on Sherdog that his skillets and natural ability are "good", but in the UFC, "good" is NOT top 10 material. His rise has been pretty impressive, and most importantly, a fucking BLAST to watch. He still has people who don't like him, but they can't say much as long as he keeps winning. Wait til his next loss, they'll be giving you all the Matt Brown opinions you can handle.

I think we are all underestimating matt brown as a fighter we only see him as a brawler he has skills but his entertaining brawling style overshadows his skills

he, like Jones, is (not as) excellent at seeing opportunities. His striking lands ferociously, and he has stellar cardio.

Other than that, he has some wrestling, some striking, some subs yadda yadda.

Tenacity - 10

It's not a minority opinion on Sherdog that his skillets and natural ability are "good", but in the UFC, "good" is NOT top 10 material. His rise has been pretty impressive, and most importantly, a fucking BLAST to watch. He still has people who don't like him, but they can't say much as long as he keeps winning. Wait til his next loss, they'll be giving you all the Matt Brown opinions you can handle.

yea..when brown loses next the ones that say how they always have loved watching him fight and he deserves a top opponent will be saying "he was never good, hes overrated, he has no good wins" etc etc

not sure about rating his skill set...but I think most people look like they are agreeing that his most valuable asset is his heart. the guy is non stop and tough as nails. and he never quits. that can make up for a lot of deficiencies in technique. not always, but its got him on a roll at the moment.

Dude's technical skills are mostly good but not great. He gets by on a very high fight IQ and unbelievable toughness. Hurting him just makes him mad, which is a really good thing to have in your back pocket if your job is to fight people in a cage, stripped to the waist.

yea..when brown loses next the ones that say how they always have loved watching him fight and he deserves a top opponent will be saying "he was never good, hes overrated, he has no good wins" etc etc

Exactly. I think there are a lot of fans just avoiding the topic of Brown until he loses, then they'll unleash. So it goes. Everybody has detractors. I think he's awesome, and will never be champ. To me there's no conflict in those two opinions.

I like the guy a lot, but I don't think he ever breaks the upper echelon of WW. He's not really bad at anything (although his wrestling I think is a little suspect), but he's not great at anything either. He's got cardio and heart for days and he's good in scrambles, that's where the majority of his success comes from

On a scale of 1-10, I would give his gut toughness a solid Scott Smith

Mid section (body, ribs, abdomen) - 2/10

Generally I'd give him between 6 and 7 on everything except cardio/pace, which would be a 9 or 10.

His submission defense is probably a 4 or 5.

All of these numbers were decided on after rigorous research and scientific testing, AKA, I pulled them out of my butt.

ur butt is right!

Back