1 Striking 6
2 wrestling 5
3 Clinch 9
4. bjj offense 7
5. BJJ defense 3
6. Stamina /conditioning 9
7. heart 10

1. Being a buzz saw - 10

Right, going forward at all costs. Why can't other fighters make him go backwards? Its uncanny. Hendricks would be a good fight.

Dude's technical skills are mostly good but not great. He gets by on a very high fight IQ and unbelievable toughness. Hurting him just makes him mad, which is a really good thing to have in your back pocket if your job is to fight people in a cage, stripped to the waist.

Wrong. You don't have to hurt him to make him mad. He's always mad.

Right, going forward at all costs. Why can't other fighters make him go backwards? Its uncanny. Hendricks would be a good fight.

IMO it's a similar style to the Diaz bros but more versatile. Best way to keep Brown from implementing his style is probably to circle out and reset as often as possible (or just work on taking him down). Silva kept backing straight into the cage and having no way to escape and every fucking time I was sitting there saying, "Why the fuck does he keep doing that when he knows it will just end with Brown throwing big combos that fuck him up every time? He's got to know that backing up is the worst thing he can do, yes??"

Tenacity - 10

It's not a minority opinion on Sherdog that his skillets and natural ability are "good", but in the UFC, "good" is NOT top 10 material. His rise has been pretty impressive, and most importantly, a fucking BLAST to watch. He still has people who don't like him, but they can't say much as long as he keeps winning. Wait til his next loss, they'll be giving you all the Matt Brown opinions you can handle.

I don't think there can be too many people that dislike him. The guy normally put up a good show and any MMA fan, no matter if you are a "just bleed fan" or an intelligent fan, always appreciate that. Having said this, I don't think the guy is championship material at this point. He's reckless as fuck! you may get away winning fights using that style with the kind of guys he's fought so far but you really think he can get away with that against the Lombards, Woodleys, Hendricks and Lawlers of the division?? yeah right! He will GKTFO with those animals. So, he needs to evolve his game a lot if he wants to be a champion, otherwise he's destined to be another Diego Sanchez.

elbows. Its takes him a millionth of a second to decide where he is going to elbow you. I think he uses them better and more than Jones. He also knows how to attack the body.

Elbows: 9
cardio: 9 haven't seen him on 5 rounder
Kicking: 6
takedowns: 7
sub defense: 8 he got out of some nasty places against silva.
Heart: 8 i see some frankie edgar heart in there
fighter IQ: 10 i love how he keeps the pressure until the other fighters crumbles. takes a hit so he can get close. His corner is also very good. they gave him the perfect advise against silva.

His is definitely skilled, but his lack of conditioning makes everything he throws slow and powerless which is why it took so long to put Silva away. If he put in the hours required he could become great. I think he won't though, he's too old.

I don't think there can be too many people that dislike him. The guy normally put up a good show and any MMA fan, no matter if you are a "just bleed fan" or an intelligent fan, always appreciate that. Having said this, I don't think the guy is championship material at this point. He's reckless as fuck! you may get away winning fights using that style with the kind of guys he's fought so far but you really think he can get away with that against the Lombards, Woodleys, Hendricks and Lawlers of the division?? yeah right! He will GKTFO with those animals. So, he needs to evolve his game a lot if he wants to be a champion, otherwise he's destined to be another Diego Sanchez.
I think he can take lombard. Lombard will gas by the second round.
woodley will be a challenge. But i think browns body attacks can hurt woodley and slow him down. woodley cant keep the pace brown has for too long. i can see brown hanging in there until the third round and blitzing woodley if crazy uppercuts and knees.
Lawler : no chance
hendricks: no chance

elbows. Its takes him a millionth of a second to decide where he is going to elbow you. I think he uses them better and more than Jones. He also knows how to attack the body.

Elbows: 9
cardio: 9 haven't seen him on 5 rounder
Kicking: 6
takedowns: 7
sub defense: 8 he got out of some nasty places against silva.
Heart: 8 i see some frankie edgar heart in there
fighter IQ: 10 i love how he keeps the pressure until the other fighters crumbles. takes a hit so he can get close. His corner is also very good. they gave him the perfect advise against silva.

What is the name of the trainer who always corners him and was telling him in between rounds to "break" Silva ?

His cardio is capable of winning him fights no matter who he faces... his volume of strikes is ridiculous and he never slows down.

Cain Velasquez has used that to become HW champ when there are many more skilled players than him in his own division.

Brown is in an even more skilled division where fighters are all generally pretty good when it comes to cardio, unlike heavyweight. That makes it even more impressive that he is able to outcardio his opponents on his way to wins.

His is definitely skilled, but his lack of conditioning makes everything he throws slow and powerless which is why it took so long to put Silva away. If he put in the hours required he could become great. I think he won't though, he's too old.

WTF!?!? :rolleyes:

Thickness: 7
Solidness: 7.5
Tightness: 8.5

I personally believe there are fans who don't like it when fighters who aren't "supposed" to win, beat up-and-comers like Mein and Silva, and they lose their predictions. I also think self observed "Intelligent" fans have a dislike for brawlers, and there are those who don't like one getting so much attention. Just my opinion, man.

I pretty much agree totally with everything else you said, except about Lombard. I think Brown has never been KO'd, and there's a strong chance that Lombard empties his small gas tank trying, and then immortal tenacity comes on strong. Although, Lombard can KO anyone at 170 with the right shot. I think Woodley controls him all fight but doesn't come close to finishing.

Specific parts of his skillset aren't impressive, but what's amazing is how he puts it all together. I think Jack Slack commented on how good he is at cutting the cage with high kicks and hooks, to get his opponent to back up and clinch with him, which seems to be where he shines. That's a particularly difficult thing to game plan agains't.

I don't see him as a titleholder, but he's certainly looking good.

Edit: Though I have to say, there aren't many guys out there who could beat Brown in a 5 rounder, thanks to his gas tank. Just like Condit.

Ah, you must have gotten something in your eye and was forced to blink when Brown went down from bodyshots?
People don't normally do that if they're conditioned.
Brown is soft. And slow.
But his skillset is good.

Some guys are just tough. You could be a 27 time mundial champion, but guys like Brown will put you through hell.

His skill set to me is above average but his aggression is what sets him apart

The aggression and pace he has sets elevates his game and forces his opponents out of their game plan and into his.

Back