Rate Matt Brown's Muay Thai.

I was hoping he would throw more body shots to Silva while he was rocked.

Although his athleticism is just not going to be as good as most guys he's in there with, his skills are very refined. And while his athleticism is not elite, his flexibility is on the very high end. He's very flexible when someone's trying to twist him into a pretzel, very flexible in his guard, and extremely flexible when it comes to being able to throw knees that the presence of your hips and normal flexibility would make impossible. His bendability is not recognized enough.

I still think his lack of elite athleticism will finally cost him against a guy (an elite fighter) with a plan, an understanding of what they're in for against Matt Brown, and the ability to fight under fire - no one planed for Juan Manuel Marquez until they saw how a balls to the wall, unbreakably skilled guy could fire back under pressure - but Brown needs to be recognized as a unique fighter.

1-10, 1 being Shields 10 being Anderson, I'd say he's a solid 6. He's pretty underrated. His glaring weakness is body shots and that worries me about him a bit

ya, i don't think he would last with someone like lawler ripping body shots on him.

similar to Werdum's in the sense that he doesn't put his weight behind most shots, but rather throws short and consistently attacks with pretty good accuracy.

Anderson, for example, puts his ass in those knees & elbows, while still keeping his base to stay graceful, while Aldo does this with low kicks.

Matt uses an MT version often used in MMA, where the kicks & punches don't have the hip & sideways turn to create power like in MT, but the small gloves allow for more strikes getting through when thrown shorter.

10/10. This guys versatility is off the charts. No one wants to clinch with this guy man.

I'm really happy to see someone trying to use standing elbows inside. It blows my mind how clueless the vast majority MMA fighters are about this technique. Also like how he takes the openings there are for his knees.

Other than that, his 'muay thai' is pretty much just like every other MMA fighter's standup; generic MMA kickboxing. And he's stiff as hell. His arm-in-a-cast posture makes me think of Tim Silvia.

I think he is above the level of the Lumpinee stadium fighters.

By muay thai standards it's bad, but as I understand it, even the best MT in MMA is bad by MT standards..

And even the best MT in the States is bad by Thai standards.

It's a subjective world.

His clinch work is excellent,like another poster said he threatens with hooks when opponents try to circle away.
Also, I think his biggest asset in the clinch is how busy he is,he throws multiple strikes rather than loading up on knees etc therefore it doesnt allow opponents to clear their head and get underhooks.

Back