Rankings aside, who is the biggest threat to Anderson Silva in his division?

If they make it like they did with Shogun/Vera and Machida/Bader to see who gets the tittle shot depending on performance, and you pair Jacare/Lombard and Rockhold/Weidman you could (even) get Jacare to compete for a shot if he really did well... What? Is he not going to take it? Give me a break... if I had to compete with a friend for a job, damn right I would do my best...

The problem with those matchups is that you eliminate Anderson needing to defend against Jacare anyway. Jacare can't get Lombard down, and he is hittable. I think he could win that fight playing a conservative striking game, but if he gets overly aggressive spamming TDs or throwing combos, Lombard will turn his lights out with a counter hook.

I think you are on to something there. Unless he channels some Randy Couture,he's got limited time before his chin or even the will to fight anymore.

Father Time is undefeated, across all weight classes, and he has Silva's number too.

Right now, today, nobody in the world at that weight touches him; I believe that.

But every day after, the gap will close just a little bit, and the guys that can't touch him right now, will be the ones to clean-pick the carcass time makes of him.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say, Bisping might damn well be the one to dethrone him, down the line. I'll need to see more of Weidman yet, before I can really imagine how that fight goes.

Did you watch Le's last fight? He was so slow and fat with no footwork. He doesn't belong in the same ring as AS and the only reason he beat Franklin is because Franklin needs to retire just like Chuck needed to retire.

I think before the fight people like you were saying franklin will crush Le and make a run for the title.

People forget franklin is about the same age as silva and had just beat wand in a good fight.

Franklin is a legit threat to any fighter at MW.

But anyways, like i said, it would be fun for 1 round.

A fresh Cung Le is dangerous vs anyone, hence i said 1 round for FUN.

I'd probably go with Jacare aswell,but I'd have to mention Vitor too. Just for the possibility of a violent standup exchange between the two,or a few violent speed burst from Belfort(to see how well Silva would handle it).

I would say Lombard, Weidman, Jacare, and maybe Evans if he does drop down due to the fact they're competent enough striking to not just be annihilated on the spot and all four have exceptional ground games that could threaten Silva. Rockhold is well rounded and always improving so I'd give him an outside shot as well. Although I really think the belt will probably stay with Silva until he vacates it to try to secure superfights or retires.

winner of Bisping and Belfort?

Sonnen said it best when he said ""I tease and make fun of Vitor a lot, because someone needs to point out what a fraud and a phony this guy is, but everyone knows he's one of the most dangerous fighters in the world (inside the first round)." We saw this in Vitor v Jon Jones.

The problem with those matchups is that you eliminate Anderson needing to defend against Jacare anyway. Jacare can't get Lombard down, and he is hittable. I think he could win that fight playing a conservative striking game, but if he gets overly aggressive spamming TDs or throwing combos, Lombard will turn his lights out with a counter hook.
Jacare would just out Cardio Lombard and strike him to a win. thats an easy fight for Jacare.

Weidman is the Ace on that division. Kid has heart and is a hell of a wrestler. His cardio is suspect and i see silva just beating him in the fourth round with some crazy flying something.

anderson-silva.jpg

Just your personal opinion, but who do you honestly see as the biggest threat to Silva in his division. Remember you cant lie, youre on Sherdog.

It has to be Weidman. Stylistically he is the hardest match-up for Anderson, even though I think Jacare is a better fighter than Weidman and that Jacare beats Weidman.

anderson-silva.jpg

Just your personal opinion, but who do you honestly see as the biggest threat to Silva in his division. Remember you cant lie, youre on Sherdog.

mousasi could beat him . mousasi anyways belongs in 185

Back