Rankings aside, who is the biggest threat to Anderson Silva in his division?

Of the people he hasn't fought? Weidman.

Overall? Chael, despite the fact that Anderson has beaten him twice.

anderson-silva.jpg

Just your personal opinion, but who do you honestly see as the biggest threat to Silva in his division. Remember you cant lie, youre on Sherdog.

Definitely Weidman, just because of his TD ability.

Although his chin hasn't really been tested yet, so it would suck if AS KO'd him with a jab nor something, LOL

Chael sonnen with sub defense and better balance. :D

I would have to say whoever the best wrestler with good top control at MW is, none of the strikers are going to get near him in a title fight.

TIm kennedy is a very strong guy with a good chin and can control a guy on top. Im not saying he is a great fighter, but hes the type of guy that could give anderson a bit of trouble under the right circumstances.

Wiedman, its not all hype he is extremely talented in the areas Silva is weakest, plus he can finish

having said all that, he would still be an underdog

Chael sonnen with sub defense and better balance. :D

I would have to say whoever the best wrestler with good top control at MW is, none of the strikers are going to get near him in a title fight.

Just say Weidman, that is who you are describing.

I know that Anderson has already has a win over Vitor but I still think that Vitor is a big threat for Anderson and thats why Anderson does'nt want to fight him again.

I also feel like Lombard and Jacare who be big challenges.

TIm kennedy is a very strong guy with a good chin and can control a guy on top. Im not saying he is a great fighter, but hes the type of guy that could give anderson a bit of trouble under the right circumstances.

He doesn't have the takedown ability to get him there.

Weidman and Jacare (though, they won't fight each other). Lombard poses an interesting challenge because of his style and power, though obviously, outstriking Silva isn't very likely.

I think Kennedy has a good style to trouble Silva but I think his takedown ability likely isn't good enough. Still, Kennedy is a tough fight for pretty much anyone else in the division. He is a very strong top control grappler and is tough as nails. Odd guy, though.

at middleweight nobody is a great challenge. The outcome would be the same.

Someone with good top control and submission defense.

So weidman

Weidman, Jacare, Spong (is he a lhw or mw? I think he matches up well with Silva).

U do realize Spong has had 1 MMA fight, don't u? He's a threat to the GOAT after 1 fight. No sorry. Plus he's a lhw.

Although Weidman and Jacare are good answers.

Jacare would just out Cardio Lombard and strike him to a win. thats an easy fight for Jacare.

Weidman is the Ace on that division. Kid has heart and is a hell of a wrestler. His cardio is suspect and i see silva just beating him in the fourth round with some crazy flying something.

Jacar

Probably Weidman but just because I think nobody truly tested Silva`s cardio. Maybe if Weidman can push the pace as Cain again JDS did, wrestle a lot, put his weight on Silva and don`t be caught with those crazy amazing strikes maybe we will see the same outcome. A lot of maybe but still would like to see Silva working hard for more then 3 rounds and I think Weidman can do it if he plays smart.

Back