• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ranking the Top 10 WMMA GOATs

She’s been fighting for almost two decades. The longevity itself is impressive. The thing is I don’t feel like you can rate rousey as high as you did if your are cyborg #6. They both fought relatively few big names and their all time stock will suffer as a result. But part of the issue was availability. Tough to put rousey above Chris considering in 2017, what many consider a few years past her prime, she fought Holm and dominated. Meanwhile...well, I’m not gonna flex that head kick gif...we all know how that went.

If you wanted to argue that rose and jj are surpassing the old guard of rousey and Chris I’d buy that. I just don’t think you can rate them do vastly differently unless you’re purely rating it based off cyborgs PED issues
I get what you’re saying. For Cyborg, if you look at the notable wins, how many of them are even featherweights? She’s a good fighter, but is a fighter with PED issues who rarely even fights fighters in her weight class. Her best wins are probably Budd and Holly, and Holly isn’t even a true FW. Miesha has a win over Holly and is at least in the same weight class, you know? Ronda fought legit contenders in her weight class, while Cyborg fought Jan Finney and Kunitskaya.

But I’ll totally admit that Cyborg is tough for me to rank all time. There’s too many questions about her for me to rank her too highly. Where did you say you’d rank her?

I get what you’re saying. For Cyborg, if you look at the notable wins, how many of them are even featherweights? She’s a good fighter, but is a fighter with PED issues who rarely even fights fighters in her weight class. Her best wins are probably Budd and Holly, and Holly isn’t even a true FW. Miesha has a win over Holly and is at least in the same weight class, you know? Ronda fought legit contenders in her weight class, while Cyborg fought Jan Finney and Kunitskaya.

But I’ll totally admit that Cyborg is tough for me to rank all time. There’s too many questions about her for me to rank her too highly. Where did you say you’d rank her?
She’s either 4 or 5 for me. I also would put Valentina above rousey personally.

Yeah man I get it. Just one of the many things we see just a little bit differently ahaha

She’s either 4 or 5 for me. I also would put Valentina above rousey personally.

Yeah man I get it. Just one of the many things we see just a little bit differently ahaha
I think I def should’ve switched Miesha and Marloes. Marloes should be lower.
And yeah I know we disagree about Val and Ronda. For me, Val probably surpasses her next fight. But I get it, to me they’re neck and neck,

Cyborg has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145. She has fought six women who have actually fought at 125. Of Cyborg's six "true featherweights" three have zero wins.

Can't take this list seriously with Mega Megu not even in the top 10, with more wins than some of the women up there have fights, always undersized and fighting until near 40. Her only losses are decisions, and getting eyepoked into technical decision loss.

Yeah. Fujii would be at 105 by today's standards and fought as heavy as 145. Literally "take on all comers" sort of approach.

1. Nunes
2. Cyborg
3. JJ
4. Rhonda
5. Rose
6. Shevchenko
7. Tate
8. Budd
9. Holm

Solid work @BFoe, along with well-written explanations. I never saw Fujii at the time, but if you look her up and listen to what veterans say about her, maybe consider her on your next list. These lists are by nature opinionated - I never place much weight on those who criticize them without offering their own full list as a substitute. So, well done!

Joanna is so overrated by everybody, I don't get it
She's not even hot, you weirdos

Solid work @BFoe, along with well-written explanations. I never saw Fujii at the time, but if you look her up and listen to what veterans say about her, maybe consider her on your next list. These lists are by nature opinionated - I never place much weight on those who criticize them without offering their own full list as a substitute. So, well done!
Yeah, I gave Fuji an honorable mention. She’s definitely a legend, but to me when I looked at exactly who she’s beaten, it wasn’t as strong of a resume as other fighters. She would make my Top 15, but not Top 10. My big problem with the list is that I should’ve flipped Tate and Coenen. Tate should be higher.

Very solid list.

I would have Val at #2. At her prime, she only lost to the WMMA GOAT, at a higher weight class - and those fights were still competitive. I think she should be ahead Rousey at this point.

Also, I would bump up Holly' s ranking by one or two spots.

It's hard to argue R3 and Nunes' accomplishments.

But Val is my #1

I'm just gonna do UFC WMMA
1) Nunes
2) Valentina (let's not overthink this, she has 5 defenses and would smoke prime Ronda)
3) Ronda
4) JJ
5) Cyborg
Rose is on the outside, but she only has 1 title defense, a few more should bump her up

Very solid list.

I would have Val at #2. At her prime, she only lost to the WMMA GOAT, at a higher weight class - and those fights were still competitive. I think she should be ahead Rousey at this point.

Also, I would bump up Holly' s ranking by one or two spots.
Yeah, I don’t fault anyone who has Val above Ronda. Those two are super close. For me, Val surpasses Ronda with her next title win most likely.
Regarding Holly, I just can’t justify ranking her higher. She didn’t have successful defenses like Miesha or Marloes, and in fact lost the title to Miesha who is a multi-time champion. While Holly is a good fighter and has had a good career, I think she’s ranked correctly where she’s at. What would you do with Miesha and Marloes if we want to rank Holly higher?

Last edited:
Your list sucks. Learn who Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki, and Seo Hee Ham are and then come back. Women’s divisions exist outside the UFC, and have for years

Reactions: Xuh
Your list sucks. Learn who Megumi Fujii, Ayaka Hamasaki, and Seo Hee Ham are and then come back. Women’s divisions exist outside the UFC, and have for years
Your post sucks.
I gave Fuji an honorable mention, and I stand by that. She makes my Top 15, not my Top 10.
Let’s see your list please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back