Rank your favorite "fallen" organizations

Pancrase is still around.

Lol. I did not know that. I don't even hear about their events. I remember seeing some older fights with Kondo and Barnett but I thought the company went under mid 2000s. I guess that's why I was the only dude to have it listed.

I suppose with Pancrase still around my list changes to:

1 - Pride
2 - K1 - Dynamite.
3 - Strikeforce
4 - WEC
5 - Dream.

Old Pancrase was still the shit, though.

Lol. I did not know that. I don't even hear about their events. I remember seeing some older fights with Kondo and Barnett but I thought the company went under mid 2000s. I guess that's why I was the only dude to have it listed.

yeah, pancrase has changed a lot but is still alive and kicking. they're just now transitioning to using the cage, and they've been making a lot of big changes recently to try and revitalize the sport in japan and prepare japanese fighters better for fighting overseas.

for updates on it, check the JMMA thread here, or subscribe to Pancrase's YouTube Channel and you can see highlights of their events:

(make sure you at least watch the 257 highlight for some amazing ko's)

I saw no mention of Extreme Fighting Championship. EFC was the first north american promotion with weight classes. Also it was UFC's first aquistion of another MMA org. When the UFC bought EFC it united the titles by having EFC HW champ Mo Smith fight UFC HW champ Mark Coleman and EFC MW champ Igor Zinoviev fight UFC mw champ Frank Shamrock.

I saw no mention of Extreme Fighting Championship. EFC was the first north american promotion with weight classes. Also it was UFC's first aquistion of another MMA org. When the UFC bought EFC it united the titles by having EFC HW champ Mo Smith fight UFC HW champ Mark Coleman and EFC MW champ Igor Zinoviev fight UFC mw champ Frank Shamrock.
I definitely did not know that until now, thanks for the info!

Shamrock-Zinoviev is one of the most devastating KOs ever... Igor was way more of a beast than people give him credit for though, he was the first to ever beat an elite black belt under mma rules!

The best is obviously PrideFC

but after that...

Strikeforce
WEC
Dream
Affliction
Sengoku
K1Heroes

And I love the old days/NHB

SEG UFC
INternational Vale Tudo Championships
World Vale Tudo Championships
BVT
Rio Heroes
Mecca Vale Tudo
Battlecade
IFC
Superbrawl
Extreme Challenge
ROTR
Absolute Fighting Championships
World Extreme FIghting

The Contenders featured a who's who of Japanese MMA stars and pure grapplers, brought together by Caol Uno for some of the most entertaining grappling matches i've ever seen. and the tag matches were just brilliant.

some of the biggest stars of Japanese MMA competing...
takumi yano being a weirdo...
and i mean... the star power was simply overwhelming....
Wow, never heard of this before, that match between Genki and Uno was unbelievable though! Not surprised he didn't tap to that triangle, Caol never dies...

Was GCM a Japanese organization?

Pride
Dream
Hero's
World Victory Road (Sengoku)
Smackgirl
Jewels (got rebranded as Deep Jewels)
Cage Rage
bodogFight
Strikeforce
WEC
Affliction
TKO
EliteXC
World Vale Tudo Championship

Wow, never heard of this before, that match between Genki and Uno was unbelievable though! Not surprised he didn't tap to that triangle, Caol never dies...

Was GCM a Japanese organization?

GCM stood for Greatest Common Multiple and was a sort of parent company that ran these organizations. i believe it also ran the Wajyutsu Keisyukai gyms for a while, and Caol Uno was heavily involved in their events although i'm not really sure in what capacity.

GCM's first real organization was DEMOLITION, which was a normal ring-based organization. then they started holding events under an organization called D.O.G. (Demolition of Octagon Gear), which was the first japanese organization to use a cage. that would evolve into Cage Force, which held several tournaments, the winners having real opportunities to go fight in the US. Takeya Mizugaki and Yoshiyuki Yoshida came to the WEC and UFC respectively after winning their tournaments in Cage Force.

they also had a women's organization called Valkyrie which was competing against Jewels as organizations that sprung up after Smackgirl folded, with Valkyrie getting fighters like Yuka Tsuji, V.V Mei, and Rin Nakai.

but they ran into financial trouble, they stopped holding events and eventually their organizations folded, and fighters took control of some of the Wajyutsu Keisyukai gyms from GCM.

already posted videos of Contenders matches, but for GCM's MMA organizations...

DEMOLITION:

D.O.G.:

Cage Force:

Valkyrie:

For me it's
1.Pride
2.Strikeforce
3.WEC
4.Elite XC.

The only correct answer is YAMMA...where true champions were born.

59003.jpg

ah also dunno if we can count the old RINGS cauz then he closed, former owners created ZST and now the brand is still alive as "RINGS Outsider"

Is King of the Cage still going??

1. The Original Pancrase (loved the "real" Pro Wrestling rules)
2. Pride
3. K-1 (sure it was mostly kickboxing, but they had some crossover fights as well as Romanex and Heros)
4. International Vale Tudo Championship (IVC - REAL Vale Tudo)
5. World Vale Tudo Championship (WVC - also REAL Vale Tudo, but not as good as IVC)
6. World Combat Championship (WCC - liked the striker and grappler division idea)
7. Affliction (good cards, just wasn't sustainable)
8. Strikeforce
9. DREAM (not as good as PRIDE, but still had some damn good cards and NYE events)
10. Euphoria MFC (pretty sure almost none of you heard of this one, but this short lived org put on some damn good cards in Atlantic City back in the day--it's where I saw Eddie Alvarez fight for the first time and I got to meet Fedor at the first MFC event!)

01.) PRIDE FC
02.) Strikeforce
03.) Affliction
04.) Rio Heroes
05.) IFL
06.) WEC
07.) Elite XC

Has no one said YAMMA? For shame!

10. Euphoria MFC (pretty sure almost none of you heard of this one, but this short lived org put on some damn good cards in Atlantic City back in the day--it's where I saw Eddie Alvarez fight for the first time and I got to meet Fedor at the first MFC event!)

I'm sure it was related to M-1.
Even M-1 started with events named "M-1 MFC", and MFC stays for "Mix-Fight Championship" or something like that

Back