Rank these top LW fighters from best to worse

Style as in whether they're a striker, wrestler, grappler, etc. So basically still skills but a specific way of looking at skills. Conor does better against the likes of Tony, Eddie, Gaethje than Khabib does. While Khabib does better against the likes of Diaz and Pettis. That makes up for the fact that Khabib beat Conor. You need to judge how a fighter does against the whole division, not just one fighter.

This is again, based on nothing factual.
For now, the only objective thing to say is that Khabib is better at LW than Conor.
1 and 2 should be Khabib and Tony, I think Khabib resume is a little bit better, but it's arguable.

This is again, based on nothing factual.
For now, the only objective thing to say is that Khabib is better at LW than Conor.
1 and 2 should be Khabib and Tony, I think Khabib resume is a little bit better, but it's arguable.
What do you mean by factual?
What do you mean by objective?

So based on hypothetical fights rather than real ones.
Both. Real fights help us determine how hypothetical fights would go.

I care more about judging how good fighters are/were at fighting, than just judging their records' prettiness.

During Conor's 1-1 run at LW, where he became champ and lost to the undefeated current champ, Diaz is 0-0 at LW.

Conor is miles ahead of Nate on that list, not because Conor is near the top but because Nate doesn't belong on that list at all.
Conor doesn't either, he's won 1 fight at LW in a fight that he did not earn. At least Nate worked his way up to a title shot. Who's to say that Nate couldn't have beaten Alvarez that night had he been gifted the TS?

Conor is last on the list due to lack of fights at LW and there's nothing really to debate.

Both. Real fights help us determine how hypothetical fights would go.

I care more about judging how good fighters are/were at fighting, than just judging their records' prettiness.

GOAT rankings should be determined by records, quality of wins and losses. Conor is 1-1 at LW, so ranking him anywhere close to the top 5 is just silly.

GOAT rankings should be determined by records, quality of wins and losses. Conor is 1-1 at LW, so ranking him anywhere close to the top 5 is just silly.
Depends what the person is saying. GOAT = "greatest of all time".

Greatest at what?:
Greatest at fighting? Or greatest-looking record in the division?

Lists can be made for either of those questions. And I'm more interested in the former question. Since I care more abouts fights and skills and styles than I do titles, rankings, records, and divisional structure.

Thus, in my list, I'm also looking at the skills Conor showed in fights outside the division, since it's relevant to the question I'm answering. Even though it isn't relevant to the question you're answering. If I were to make a list to answer your question, then I'd agree that Conor should be nowhere to be seen on it.

Depends what the person is saying. GOAT = "greatest of all time".

Greatest at what?:
Greatest at fighting? Or greatest-looking record in the division?

Lists can be made for either of those questions. And I'm more interested in the former question. Since I care more abouts fights and skills and styles than I do titles, rankings, records, and divisional structure.

Thus, in my list, I'm also looking at the skills Conor showed in fights outside the division, since it's relevant to the question I'm answering. Even though it isn't relevant to the question you're answering. If I were to make a list to answer your question, then I'd agree that Conor should be nowhere to be seen on it.

Got it you don't do GOAT lists like practically everyone else does.

6 of the 10 names listed in the OP are currently not competing at LW in the UFC haha.

Khabib
Tony
McGregor
RDA
Poirier
Diaz
Pettis
Alvarez
Gaethje
Cerrone

It’s a list purely based on who beat who. I wish all rankings would be made that way

If we are talking about all time LW rankings this is how I have it.

1) Alvarez
2) Khabib
3) RDA
4) Pettis
5) Ferguson
6) Diaz
7) McGregor
8) Porier
9) Gaethje
10) Cerrone
Dustin should easily be over conor and diaz imo but not a bad list for those on it

1) McGregor
2) Diaz
3) Khabib
4) Ferguson
5) Poirier
6) Gaethje

After this there is huge drop so rest are not that relevant

1) Khabib
2) Ferguson
3) Poirier
4) Gaethje
5) Alvarez
6) McGregor
7) RDA
8)Diaz
9) Pettis
10) Cerrone

If we count ONLY LW fights, and there every LW fight they ever had and the catch weights under the WW limit, and took further in consideration the win-loss-margin at ONLY these LW fights,
my ranking would be:
1. Cerrone 40 fights 30W/9L/1NC +30
2. Pettis 27 fights 20W/7L +20
3. Gaethje 23 fights 21W/2L +19
4. Khabib 18 fights 18W/0L +18
5. Alvarez 26 fights 20W/6L +14
6. Poirier 21 fights 17W/3L/1NC +13
7. Ferguson 17 fights 15W/2L +13
8. RDA 34 fights 23W/9L +12
9. Diaz 24 fights 16W/8L +8
10. McGregor 7 fights 5W/2L +3​

He didn't beat Pettis or McGregor at LW, and McGregor also beat him.

Nate is 2-3 at LW over the past 7 years.
alright but for me it kinda matters when you re ranking fighters who won the fight between them,he said rank these lightweights,didnt give any specific criteria,in my criteria a fight between nate and pettis at ww matters in who is the best fighter among them

Sheeple are myopic and sherdog saturated with them so I'll rank according to my opinion of fighters that have evolved and those that have not and most of the top are probably ranked where they should : 2020 - right now how I see...
Khabib
Ferguson
McGregor ( as much as I dont likeConor, his stand up could warrant 2-2a with tony at 155)
Oliveria
Poirier

155 ,honestly, can be subjective from #2 down....

Most of the hardcore fans agree that the lightweight division is the most stacked division in the UFC.

I’ll jump straight to the question, out of all the fighters mentioned below, how would you rank them from “best to worse”.

Khabib, Ferguson, McGregor, Poirier, Gaethje, Alvarez, Cerrone, Diaz, RDA, Pettis.

List of fighters each fighter defeated:

Khabib: McGregor, Poirier and RDA.
Diaz: McGregor, Pettis, Cerrone.
McGregor: Poirier, Alvarez and Diaz.
Poirier: Alvarez, Gaethje and Pettis.
Alvarez: Gaethje, RDA and Pettis.
RDA: Diaz, Pettis, Cerrone.
Ferguson: Cerrone and RDA.
Gaethje: Cerrone.
Cerrone: Alvarez.
Pettis: Cerrone.

Fun facts:
-If McGregor beats Cerrone at UFC 246, he will be the fighter with the most wins (4).
-Cerrone has the most loses (5) followed by Pettis (4).

I know a couple of these fights were not at 155lbs, like McGregor vs Poirier / Diaz vs Pettis, but let’s just go with the flow guys.

My final ranking:

1) Khabib
2) McGregor
3) Poirier
4) Ferguson
5) Diaz
6) Alvarez
7) RDA
8) Gaethje
9) Pettis
10) Cerrone

Cheers