Rank these submarine movies in order

Below is clearly better than all of those.
"Das Boot"? LOL. We're talking about sub movies.... not footwear movies, you knob.

Your problem is you don't even know what type of movies we're discussing. I'll give you a hint, Below is not a sub movie, it is a supernatural/ghost movie. Go troll another thread genius.

What, No 20,000 leagues beneath the sea?

As an actual submarine sailor, I did appreciate the efforts for realism in the 'Hunt for Red October'. They captured the feel of life aboard a 688 quite well.

Never seen 20,000 Leagues.

Last edited:
who remembers the techno remix of the Das Boot theme ?

[YT]w1xGbEDs6-4[/YT]

got heavy airplay on MTV Europe in the early 90s .

Your problem is you don't even know what type of movies we're discussing. I'll give you a hint, Below is not a sub movie, it is a supernatural/ghost movie. Go troll another thread genius.

Never seen 20,000 Leagues.

Below is a great sub movie.... You sub male

i am going with crimson tide over everything, but i'm also a huge mark for denzel washington. you put him with gene "the fuck" hackman and i'm sold.

Das Boot is the best of those and a Top 5 of all time film IMO.

Hunt & Crimson Tide are both rather good films. K19 is mediocre while U571 is just crap. They even edited out the bit where Jon Bon Jovis head gets blown off since they didn't want to upset the teenage girl demographic and he just vanishes mysteriously from the film.

I just wanna say one thing. Do not be a stupid fuck who thinks Below's a better sub movie than Das Boot.

Below is clearly better than all of those.

Below is a great sub movie....

You guys beat me to it. Below was surprisingly good. WW2 sub movie with a paranormal twist.

below-05.jpg

Das Boot
The Hunt for Red October
U-571
K-19: The Widowmaker
Crimson Tide

Other that should be mentioned

Gray Lady Down
Submarine X-1
Ice Station Zebra

1. Das Boot is simply an excellent film, a classic.

2. Crimson Tide and Hunt for Red October are both pretty entertaining, but no one will confuse them for a classic.

There is a Japanese sub flick about Germans transporting nuclear material to the Japanese. I actually watched it in Japanese so to be fair I won't try to rank it.

Rank these submarine movies in order:

Das Boot (1981)
Crimson Tide (1992)
The Hunt for Red October (1990)
U-571 (2000)
K-19: The Widowmaker (2002)

That is my order of preference. Das Boot is the Saving Private Ryan of sub films. Crimson Tide is a very good #2 but a distance from first.

20,000 leagues under the Sea beats them all.

Crimson Tide is my favorite of them. It's not long and hard, but it's full of seamen.

Reading this thread reminds me we need a new Submarine thriller movie. Crimson Tide was the last great one.

Anyways I'd rank them...

1. Das Boot
2. Hunt for Red October
3. Crimson Tide

Other 2 meh...

Because of this thread, I have Hunt for the Red October at the ready.

Never seen it.

Because of this thread, I have Hunt for the Red October at the ready.

Never seen it.

After finished seeing it, I liked Crimson Tide a bit more. I guess I prefer the cheese from Tony Scott just a bit.

Back