Jon Jones last 3 fights:

Alexander Gustafsson - decision
Glover Teixeira - decision
Daniel Cormier - decision

Anthony Pettis last 3 fights:

Donald Cerrone - 1st round KO
Benson Henderson - 1st round sub
Gilbert Melendez - 2nd round sub

Jon Jones decisions the best lightheavyweights in the world, he doesn't even come close to finishing opponents and relies on judges, while Anthony Pettis takes minutes to finish the best lightweights in the world, the elite of 155 can't even last the pace with him at all.

This matters.

Consider this.

Pettis fights once a year and has only defended once and never been tested, when he was tested he lost.

Lol at all these people ranking Pettis first with his 1 title defence. I love the guy but get over yourselves. He's barely fought at all.

What? Less complete than Weidman? Are you sniffing glue?

You'd do well to find a better all round MMA fighter than Pettis. He's practically second to nobody in striking, BJJ and off his back.

I 100% agree with the fact that he's second to none in striking and offensive BJJ, but what TS is asking is all around ability, which he is second to each one. Don't get what's so hard to understand about that. Weidman unquestionably has more tools, as does Jones, as does Aldo.

Aldo, Jones, and Weidman are pretty close, I could see any one of them at 1, but i definitely think Pettis is in 4th.

Consider this.

Pettis fights once a year and has only defended once and never been tested, when he was tested he lost.

makes-no-sense-at-all.png

Jones = Aldo > Weidman > Pettis

Not a big gap between any of them, really.

If abilities = skill

1. Aldo
2. Pettis
3. Weidman
4. Jones

With a really small difference between them. I just think lighter fighters are more skilled and Jones style relies a lot on his physical gifts and not exactly on ''skill'' (?).

If abilities = skill

1. Aldo
2. Pettis
3. Weidman
4. Jones

With a really small difference between them. I just think lighter fighters are more skilled and Jones style relies a lot on his physical gifts and not exactly on ''skill'' (?).

Why isn't struve the #1 HW then? Isn't Aldo's physical gift his quick reactions and explosiveness? Isn't pettis his leg dexerity? Isn't Weidman his physical strength?

1. Aldo 2. jones 3. Weidman 4. pettis

So arbitrary, all of them are amazing fighters and very close in skill. Aldo takes number one for being most well rounded and jones number two for being most dynamic. Pettis ranking is hurt by injuries.

Why isn't struve the #1 HW then? Isn't Aldo's physical gift his quick reactions and explosiveness? Isn't pettis his leg dexerity? Isn't Weidman his physical strength?

Why is Mark Hunt a top HW? I think you're well aware that people wont get carried solely on their athlethic gifts in this sport.

Stating their physical prowess doesn't prove a point, you're just stating the obvious.

Back