Weidman
Pettis
Aldo

Its crazy putting aldo last, but I have me reasons!! Lol

1. Aldo
2. Jones
3. Weidman
4. Pettis

1-3 quite a bit ahead of Showtime at the moment.

Aldo is the most accomplished BJJ-er on the list

I know, and for the record I'm a big fan of his, but what has he shown in MMA so far? We rarely ever see him fight on the ground, and he only has one submission victory in his career. All the rest have multiple submission wins in the UFC.

Aldo
Wrestling: 8.5/10
Striking: 9.5/10
BJJ: 9.5/10
Total: 27.5/30

Jones
Wrestling: 9.5/10
Striking: 8/10
BJJ: 6.5/10
Total: 24.5/30

Weidman
Wrestling: 9/10
Striking: 8/10
BJJ: 7.5/10
Total: 23.5/30

Pettis
Wrestling: 4/10
Striking: 9.5/10
BJJ: 9/10
Total: 22.5

Your math might be a bit off.

I know, and for the record I'm a big fan of his, but what has he shown in MMA so far? We rarely ever see him fight on the ground, and he only has one submission victory in his career. All the rest have multiple submission wins in the UFC.

He hits the ground much more then people think. He has a great double leg that he has used in several fights. When the fight does go to the ground he usually passes pretty quick.

Tier 1 (Complete fighters) Striking, clinch game, ground game, offensive and defensive wrestling.
1a. Jones 1b. Weidman

Tier 2 A level striking with good defensive wrestling. No offensive wrestling
3.Aldo then 4. Pettis

How the fuck does Aldo have no offensive wrestling? He has a amazing double and has taken down Mendes, KZ, Lamas, Hominick and Brown

Lmfao at people putting Weidman above Aldo. Aldo is basically the perfect fighter.

Jones
Weidman
Aldo
Pettis

Jones is Jones, Weidman has beaten Anderson (twice) and Machida convincingly, Aldo is masterful, and Pettis is looking to be one of the greatest strikers and submission artists in MMA history.

Weidman and Pettis are on injury watch, though

BJJ doesn

A point to consider...

Jon Jones last 3 fights:

Alexander Gustafsson - decision
Glover Teixeira - decision
Daniel Cormier - decision

Anthony Pettis last 3 fights:

Donald Cerrone - 1st round KO
Benson Henderson - 1st round sub
Gilbert Melendez - 2nd round sub

Jon Jones decisions the best lightheavyweights in the world, he doesn't even come close to finishing opponents and relies on judges, while Anthony Pettis takes minutes to finish the best lightweights in the world, the elite of 155 can't even last the pace with him at all.

This matters.

Love it, guy finishes his opponent under 2 minutes into the second round but he got taken down so he isn't that good.

He finished Gil on the ground, first one ever to finish Gil if I am not mistaken. How is that a negative? Like when people knocked Glover because he got staggered by a shot from Bader and 20 seconds later KOd him.

Did I say he isn't that good? Read my comment meng, he's an excellent fighter.

In terms of all around abilities, he's second to each and every one of them. Sure he may have better BJJ off of his back than Weidman, but Weidman still has great BJJ, incredible wrestling and high level striking and distance control. Simply put, Pettis is the least complete fighter on this list.

If you want to play that game though, then Weidman beat Anderson twice.

Back