Rank the traditional martial arts.

How can you be here since 2002 and just start thinking about this NOW?

I did effective martial arts like Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo, BJJ and MMA.

But now I want to do a " TMA " or " TMA's ", but I'm afraid that it will not be effective.

Last edited:
There definitely needs to be more criteria as to why karate is being ranked so high than clinging to Lyoto Machida as an example.

1, wing chun (bruce lee he founded the ufc, plus who wouldnt want those wing chun kicking and nunchaku skills)
2, arm wrestling (in that old ufc game for dreamcast it said goodridge's style was arm wrestling and that dude looked tough)
3, ninjitsu (weapons and street fighting tactics theres probably some 80 year old master in china that could kill jon jones with his secret hand to hand combat knowledge)

There definitely needs to be more criteria as to why karate is being ranked so high than clinging to Lyoto Machida as an example.

• Lyoto Machida, Gunnar Nelson, Kyoji Horiguchi, Stephen Thompson.
  • Very long range attacking and defending.
  • Closing the distance fast.
  • Fast attacks.

You can't see it TS, but I'm rolling my eyes at you.

I did effective martial arts like Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo, BJJ and MMA.

But now I want to do a " TMA " or " TMA's ", but I'm afraid that it will not be effective.

But why are you trying to rank them? What purpose does that have? Just look at the schools around your area, go and give them a try.

I've heard legends of Payak and the Karate Stylist, and read their bullshit for hours... a lot of fun, shame I wasn't there.

I'm PRETTY sure I'm falling for troll bait here but to say that kyokushin is a bad version of kickboxing is... wrong.
And also the concept of a traditional martial art is kind of silly considering that Judo is the oldest out of the ones you listed (I think) and even then that is only a hundred-and-a-bit years old.

I've probably fallen for trollbait though.

Back