Randy Couture vs Dan Henderson at LHW

I would have to go with Couture. Takedown defense is one of the weaker aspects of Henderson's game and I am almost certain that a prime Couture would repeatedly put him on his back and get the decision, possibly even a late finish.

Neither was Nog and I don't think Hendo and Big Nog were quite in their primes yet either when they fought.

Oh I know the match up is different I just still think Hendo keeps it on the feet too long and is too dangerous in scrambles, he's KOed some of the greatest fighters in MMA during scrambles and Dan has strong dirty boxing and greco too.

I was just trying to use a common opponent to gauge their wrestling and clinch games against though it's still difficult since the fights were so far apart, but it's something to consider.

I do agree that Couture has a better chance in an octagon and Dan an even better chance of winning in a ring but I favor Dan regardless of the environment.

no i get were you are coming from. i just think coutures volume would eventually gas hendo out. Hendo has been taken down by alot of fighters and if couture does it, he will were him out

This is a fight I always wondered about. I always had Dan winning by punches. Only way Randy wins that fight is if he dragged Dan into a chest match and takes Dan down a lot.

Prime Hendo loses

And TRT Hendo would even lose

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back