Randy Couture vs Dan Henderson at LHW

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Both in their primes. Who wins?

Last edited:
Shoot this is a tough one assuming there both in there prime right? Ummm I would probably have to say Dan Henderson he has won every single tittle except the UFC Championship.

That match up went down in the gym probably 2-3 times a week back in the day.

Ask Chael Sonnen he'll probably have a story or 2.

Shoot this is a tough one assuming there both in there prime right? Ummm I would probably have to say Dan Henderson he has won every single tittle except the UFC Championship.

Both in their primes is right. Will include in OP

How about Jesus vs Buddha?

When exactly WERE their "primes"?

If we're going with Randy at the time he beat Chuck and Dan around the time he beat Wandy, I'd probably have to go with Randy, but that could very easily just be nostalgia talking.

How about Jesus vs Buddha?

Different weight classes. I assume Buddha's like, Mark Hunt fat and Jesus is 145 Diego Sanchez, all zeal and way out of his league.

Randy might win a dec.. Or Hendo might ko him. In Randy's prime, he had a crazy chin ..So did/does Hendo.. I dunno, that's a tough one.

randy by gas tank. Henderson gassed out after wrestling rampage for 2 rounds. Randy would fair better than rampage early on and pose more resistance gassing dan out and ether getting a choke or UD win.

Shoot this is a tough one assuming there both in there prime right? Ummm I would probably have to say Dan Henderson he has won every single tittle except the one Randy held in two different weight classes.
FTFY.

Then again, Hendo did the same in an org where his opponents were (likely) all roided up.

I think Hendo would have beaten Couture at any point in their careers, maybe Couture could have won 1 of 3 if he fought perfectly similar to his trilogy with Liddell.

I just feel like Hendo would be able to keep it standing too long and he has better striking and much better power than Couture. I think Hendo would get the finish at some point after rocking or dropping Couture.

Different weight classes. I assume Buddha's like, Mark Hunt fat and Jesus is 145 Diego Sanchez, all zeal and way out of his league.

Siddhartha 'Buddha' Gautama vs. Yeshua 'Son of Man' ben Yoseph

Make it happen Dana.

I think Hendo would have beaten Couture at any point in their careers, maybe Couture could have won 1 of 3 if he fought perfectly similar to his trilogy with Liddell.

I just feel like Hendo would be able to keep it standing too long and he has better striking and much better power than Couture. I think Hendo would get the finish at some point after rocking or dropping Couture.

yeah id say hendo has the better striking, but i think randy gets him down and takes his peanut butter

yeah id say hendo has the better striking, but i think randy gets him down and takes his peanut butter

I don't think that happens, the one common opponent that jumps out in my mind that they had was Big Nog and Hendo was able to take Big Nog down and stay on top of him better and if I remember right had the edge in the clinch Couture couldn't take Big Nog down regularly and stay on top and he got dominated in the clinch.

Hendo gets my vote for sure.

I don't think that happens, the one common opponent that jumps out in my mind that they had was Big Nog and Hendo was able to take Big Nog down and stay on top of him better than Couture could and the Big Nog that Hendo fought was IMO better.

that is true, but couture wasnt in his prime against nog ether.

I think the style match up is bad for dan. Randy will be lookin to take him down not box it out or try to jewjitsu.

all depends i guess. Hendo in a ring probably and Couture takes it in a cage

Last edited:
that is true, but couture wasnt in his prime against nog ether.

I think they style match up is bad for dan. Randy will be lookin to take him down not box it out or try to jewjitsu.

all depends i guess. Hendo in a ring probably and Couture takes it in a cage

Neither was Nog and I don't think Hendo and Big Nog were quite in their primes yet either when they fought.

Oh I know the match up is different I just still think Hendo keeps it on the feet too long and is too dangerous in scrambles, he's KOed some of the greatest fighters in MMA during scrambles and Dan has strong dirty boxing and greco too.

I was just trying to use a common opponent to gauge their wrestling and clinch games against though it's still difficult since the fights were so far apart, but it's something to consider.

I do agree that Couture has a better chance in an octagon and Dan an even better chance of winning in a ring but I favor Dan regardless of the environment.

Back