Randy Couture: Brock Lesnar Has 10 Inches of Reach on Me, I Didn't Anticipate That

When you look at this picture it’s hard to imagine Brock having a 1” longer reach.

I call bullshit.

Yeah, I agree.
Maybe Randy is just getting old ;)
The memory is not what it used to be.

I’m pretty sure the internet still existed back then. Lol All you gotta do is Google, “Brock Lesnar” and his stats are readily available. How he not could have known his reach might be an issue, and attempt to properly prepare for it, is beyond me......lol

I’m pretty sure the internet still existed back then. Lol All you gotta do is Google, “Brock Lesnar” and his stats are readily available. How he not could have known his reach might be an issue, and attempt to properly prepare for it, is beyond me......lol

It’s also plausible it’s the way he worded it and might have meant that he was suprised Brock was able to utilize his reach as effectively as he did vs the actual reach he has.

I mean he was prepared for Silvia who towers over brock

Making excuses because he got destroyed by an MMA noob imo
He was 47 years old or so fighting a behemoth who was nearly 2 decades younger and 60-80lbs heavier. Cut him some slack lmao.

did randy have the internet at that point? how hard would it have been to find out brocks reach?

I watched that fight at Hooters. It was so packed people were standing outside of the restaurant looking in through the windows.

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

It's still the same dude, I just change the design a bit to reflect my newly acquired homosexuality after seeing Paulo Costa weigh in for the first time in the nude. I wanted to use real penis instead of sausage but mods won't let me.
I wonder if they'd let you use this worm instead
penis-worm-asia.png

"The thing that surprised me the most, and that I don't think I was prepared for -- and it's always an issue with any fighter -- is figuring out his range. He's got 10 inches of reach on me. I didn't anticipate that. I didn't think about it. I didn't know that tidbit of information, that his reach is what it was."

It's surprising that Couture would say he wasn't prepared for Lesnar's reach because Couture is known as the best game-planner in the MMA business. But apparently in all his preparations, he didn't find a sparring partner who could recreate the reach advantage Lesnar has.

After the jump, see Couture's Sherdog interview hours before the Lesnar fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11...ck-lesnar-has-10-inches-of-reach-on-me-i-didn
I have to give it to Randy for facing giants

He didn't know Brock was built like a hairless ape? With long ass arms?

Randy put up a decent fight for a guy who was that much smaller...he shouldn't be taking any flack for losing.

Ok so silvia’s Is 80”, borks is 81” and coutures is 75”

That’s only 6” difference and only 1 more than Silvia who he didn’t complain about.

Having fought Silvia previously that should t have been an issue
Except he could take Sylvia down at will. With Bork it’s not that easy

He really doesnt look like he has that much reach.

His arms arent that long, I think its the width of his shoulders that makes his reach.
Heya Chain saw,
I think it's both... I always thought he has unusually long arms.
images

Ime, most guys with his width and mass look stubby-armed, even when they have normal length arms. Brock looks like a fuckin orc.

Making excuses because he got destroyed by an MMA noob imo

Dude was outweighed by a 80lbs against a PED using NCAA champion

The minute Lesnar faced people his own size, he got shit on, including Carwin

That’s only 6” difference and only 1 more than Silvia who he didn’t complain about.

the difference is, like Randy said, is he DIDN'T REALIZE Brock's reach was that long.

it's easy to mistake. people look at Brock and think, he's a stocky guy. and they look at Sylvia and see that he's rangy. so you'd ASSUME Sylvia has a longer reach.

just like people would assume Stefan Struve has a longer reach than Jon Jones.

Randy knew ahead of time that Silvia had a seriously messed up back which is why he came out of retirement to fight him.

Randy didn't complain about Silvia's reach because he kicked the crap out of him, and he did that because Tim was injured.

Statistically 3-4 inches or more is a big advantage.

But of course that is just one factor in a fight.

Back