Randy Couture: Brock Lesnar Has 10 Inches of Reach on Me, I Didn't Anticipate That

Didn’t anticipate the mauling did ya randy ....

Btw this was the first Ufc event I ever watched yeeeeeaw
Was a pretty close fight until the shot on the temple.

But remember what you want, I guess.

Lmao soon Sherbro, I gotta get drunk and creative first before I set my very first Colin/Beeb thread tomorrow.

<Baelish01>

That's the thing with Conor Khabib threads.

You don't need to get creative with the title or the content. The mere mention of their names and 2-3 keywords like "suck", "KTFO", "smesh", "tiramisu", "chicken", "pullout" is enough to cause mass triggering.

The only thing you have to worry about is making the threads in a meaningful enough way to avoid it getting wastelanded.

"The thing that surprised me the most, and that I don't think I was prepared for -- and it's always an issue with any fighter -- is figuring out his range. He's got 10 inches of reach on me. I didn't anticipate that. I didn't think about it. I didn't know that tidbit of information, that his reach is what it was."

It's surprising that Couture would say he wasn't prepared for Lesnar's reach because Couture is known as the best game-planner in the MMA business. But apparently in all his preparations, he didn't find a sparring partner who could recreate the reach advantage Lesnar has.

After the jump, see Couture's Sherdog interview hours before the Lesnar fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11...ck-lesnar-has-10-inches-of-reach-on-me-i-didn

LOL!

Also, I'm so tired of MMA fighters and their fans crying about reach.

I feel old for remembering this fight like it happened last night.

I wonder what the odds were for this fight, I was a casual at the time but I believed Brock winning was a forgone conclusion.

What was the reach difference with Silvia?

Silvia makes Bork look small, his reach had to be even more

Might give you an idea at least

brock_lesnar_tim_sylvia.jpg

It’s also of note that couture has a relatively short reach for a heavy weight seems most are 77-79”, at 75” for reference Matt Hughes is 73”

Randy fault for fighting at HW...

That's the thing with Conor Khabib threads.

You don't need to get creative with the title or the content. The mere mention of their names and 2-3 keywords like "suck", "KTFO", "smesh", "tiramisu", "chicken", "pullout" is enough to cause mass triggering.

The only thing you have to worry about is making the threads in a meaningful enough way to avoid it getting wastelanded.
Just made one in your honor. Lol hope it doesn't get wastelanded too quick.

Ok so silvia’s Is 80”, borks is 81” and coutures is 75”

That’s only 6” difference and only 1 more than Silvia who he didn’t complain about.

Having fought Silvia previously that should t have been an issue

Wonder how accurate that is. Ufc stats are comically wrong at times and fluctuating. Ex. Carwin cutting height and fighters' reach changing between fights

Couture's gameplanning is overrated.

It got overhyped because of his Sylvia win. It's literally the same tactic everytime: dirty box the fuck out of my opponent.

He was effective in executing it, but everyone knew what he was going to do.

Sylvia happened to be one of the few exceptions where he was more willing to strike at range for portions of the fight.

And this still doesn't take away from Couture being the badass he is.

.brock was not noob anymore agqinst randy. Annd u just cannot compare lesnar and tim they are nothing alike. U just cant prepare for a brock lesnar.

Oh I was around a good while lurking. You used to have the av of the dude eating popcorn wearing 3d glasses?

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

It's still the same dude, I just change the design a bit to reflect my newly acquired homosexuality after seeing Paulo Costa weigh in for the first time in the nude. I wanted to use real penis instead of sausage but mods won't let me.

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

It's still the same dude, I just change the design a bit to reflect my newly acquired homosexuality after seeing Paulo Costa weigh in for the first time in the nude. I wanted to use real penis instead of sausage but mods won't let me.
Lmao there we go
<{anton}>

Back