Random Thought, about Angry Thoughts...

J Storm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this will probably be the most random thread of the day.

When I did judo, i would always be in a foul mood afterwards. Getting slammed for 2 hours left me angry and irritable.

On the other hand, i find that BJJ completely mellows me out. when i leave practice, i feel calm and relaxed; tired, but content. at peace.

now, when i'm not coming from practice, when i'm just commuting to work on the subway/bus, people start to annoy me; when they don't move out of the way as subway doors open, dumb hoodlums yelling and screaming, the crazy hobo who won't shut up, most people who lack etiquette.

in my mind, i start getting very violent thoughts. i'm sure this is a normal reaction (at least i hope so :icon_twis), and i imagine physically assaulting said annoying people. of course i would never attack a stranger just for being annoying, but the thoughts still cross my mind.

the funny thing is that i never imagine myself using any jiu jitsu. i dont picture myself pulling armbars or chokes, or any subs at all. instead, i always think about pummeling them in the face with my fists and/or stomping them PRIDE style on the ground.

i just thought it was an interesting thing to note. i don't seem to associate jiu jitsu with violence at all. even though it's one of the most effective forms of combat, to me it's just my sport of choice. like basketball for others, except not :icon_chee

my violent thoughts only include a little bit of jiu-jitsu.

It starts with a nice hard hip toss and ends with elbows.

Something about a good hip toss really satisfies me. :D

I am almost always calm after judo, not today thou I got irritated because I didn't nail a kata I have done before many times and a prissy blackbelt

This is waht i imagienb doing in my violent thoughts

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0pqBOzA0v8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0pqBOzA0v8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol judo always calmed me down. i always left happy. stop losing lol

lol judo always calmed me down. i always left happy. stop losing lol

I feel pretty much the same when I leave Judo and Jiu Jitsu. Just happy to be alive and in good health.

I feel pretty much the same when I leave Judo and Jiu Jitsu. Just happy to be alive and in good health.
yes. great sports

lol, didn't mean for it to be a judo/bjj topic, but to provide perspective i only took judo for a month before i switched.

i always think about pummeling them in the face with my fists and/or stomping them PRIDE style on the ground.

i get alot of mental images that resemble herring vs yakoi. love them knees

i stay within conventional bjj rules -- just fantasize choking some of my co-workers out,

i think it would have been different if you stuck with it... you gotta get over the initial learning curve hump before you can get any satisfaction from doing anything right

The harder I get my ass kicked in Judo the better I feel. Granted sometime there's some discouragement if I couldn't hit anything, but hey: Good times, bad times.

Yeah it's weird I always try to picture how I would beat guys up on the street. I want to do judo, but I donno I always want to think judo to justify my training but it's hard to say. Honestly I always try to play it out by hitting them a few times, and then clinching for a big osoto gari or something. I donno how well uchi mata would work on the streets, also if they're just wearing t shirts you probably won't be able to control them that great I donno. Once it hits the ground I would just mont and on them.

Yeah it's weird I always try to picture how I would beat guys up on the street. I want to do judo, but I donno I always want to think judo to justify my training but it's hard to say. Honestly I always try to play it out by hitting them a few times, and then clinching for a big osoto gari or something. I donno how well uchi mata would work on the streets, also if they're just wearing t shirts you probably won't be able to control them that great I donno. Once it hits the ground I would just mont and on them.

Think Uchimata: MMA style (under or over hooks w/wrist control) when there's no Gi involved.

i was on the train today and there was a bunch of LOUD ASS ghetto teenagers. i really wanted to smack the shit out of them. they were what i thought was 4 girls and 2 herby, bitchass guys. turns out they were ALL girls and the 2 "guys" were butch lesbians. i stopped being angry and intently watched the large group of teenage lesbians.

hahha j storm funny stuff. i always leave judo feeling good like i got something done. then their are sub par days and days when u feel great. i guess bjj is more ur thing. + 1 for imagining pride stomping annoying teenagers

We all have those thoughts.

Don't let them consume you though as they will do nothing for you but bring you down.

buddha-leafs.jpg

Back