Random Encounter: Mark Kerr vs Brock Lesnar

ippikiookami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Background:

Both fighters in their primes. Fighting in a cage. No drug testing. 3 months prep time. One 10 minute round followed by two 5 minute rounds.

Who takes it? Level of difficulty and how?

My take: Brock tires towards end of Rd 1 and Kerr makes him tap to strikes. Medium difficulty, Kerr

Last edited:
Brock 10/10. Kerr was on top of Inoue practically their entire fight and couldn't get much off. As much as I love Inoue, he isn't surviving with Brock on top for more than a few minutes.

Last edited:
Kerr won ADCC HW twice and Absolute once.
He would have smashed Brock in this scenario.
What “scenario”? Brock made mincemeat of way better fighters than Kerr. He would win if they fought, Kerr winning a jiu jitsu tournament or two proves nothing.

Background:

Both fighters in their primes. Fighting in a cage. No drug testing. 3 months prep time. One 10 minute round followed by two 5 minute rounds.

Who takes it? Level of difficulty and how?

My take: Brock tires towards end of Rd 1 and Kerr makes him tap to strikes. Medium difficulty, Kerr
The cage explodes from steroid overload

giphy.webp

Neither liked to take punches to the face. Only thing I got

Prime Kerr was a killer. Today’s rules? Tough one…Kerr, probably. It’s actually a little tricky because Kerr was really a head of his time, and the fighting (and training) was more primitive in his day.

Interestingly, Kerr never fought any real wrestlers in his prime. It wasn't until he ran into Fujita in the 2000 PRIDE GP, and Fujita was able to take Kerr down. It was one thing when Kerr was the monster wrestler in the ring going up against someone who wasn't half the athlete that he was or with half the experience that he had. Brock would be a totally different animal. What might help Kerr would be his submissions, as he did tap Josh Barnett in ADCC. Then again, Frank Mir's submissions didn't help him the second time around against Brock.

It's tough to pick against Brock considering Kerr would have to engage him in the sort of fight that Brock would want to fight, and going head-to-head, Brock would be bigger, stronger, and faster. Not to mention, Kerr stopped being the Smashing Machine pretty quickly and was quite the LNP wrestler, and so Brock would also be way more aggressive and might be able to take Kerr out.

Kerr's best shot is finding Brock’s chin with a knee or something similar. I think Brock was too big of a wrestler for Kerr to bully.

Kerr’s submission grappling was based on being able to bully. I don’t think he would threaten Brock with any subs.

They both have a tendency to be glass cannons.

Kerr has the more impressive overall skill set but I don’t see it being applied on Brock very efficiently.

Brock is bigger, has better wrestling and has the better cardio, I'd go with him.

Dude... 255 lb year 2000 Mark Kerr vs 290 2008 Brock Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar destroys him... easily... it wouldn't be competitive at all.

Pre diverculitis Brock smashes the smashing machine. After Kerr might beat him.

Interestingly, Kerr never fought any real wrestlers in his prime. It wasn't until he ran into Fujita in the 2000 PRIDE GP, and Fujita was able to take Kerr down. It was one thing when Kerr was the monster wrestler in the ring going up against someone who wasn't half the athlete that he was or with half the experience that he had. Brock would be a totally different animal. What might help Kerr would be his submissions, as he did tap Josh Barnett in ADCC. Then again, Frank Mir's submissions didn't help him the second time around against Brock.

It's tough to pick against Brock considering Kerr would have to engage him in the sort of fight that Brock would want to fight, and going head-to-head, Brock would be bigger, stronger, and faster. Not to mention, Kerr stopped being the Smashing Machine pretty quickly and was quite the LNP wrestler, and so Brock would also be way more aggressive and might be able to take Kerr out.
Dan Bonish was an NCJAA All-American in wrestling.

Lesnar. Even prime Kerr tended to crumble when facing adversity.

Back