Rampage will KO Shogun in a rematch

Rampage vs Shogun is a perfect fight for the fans. The winner could face the winner of Rumble/Manuwa.

MSpE99u.gif

Sad to say. Shogun just isn't the offensive juggernaut he once was. Against rampage is see him employing a leg kick strategy. Rampage still has power and Shogun's chin has faded. Shogun knows this too. Liks and takedowns are the way to go.

shogun shouldn't take this match just to lol out rampage for life

Both are faded, Shogun is still in the top 10 though and I think he would still beat Rampage today.

Rampage.....really? He is only in UFC to make bellator mad.

Rampage has a habit of beating shells of fighters that demolished him in their prims

Yes he will

Shogun was lucky Rampage was injured when they first fought.

Rampage's only shot to ever beating Shogun was to fight a kneeless, shot, banged up Shogun. Shogun annihilated him when it mattered and, regardless of what happens in the rematch (just with the Lil Nog rematch), people will always remember the first fight.

I'd still pick Shogun.

Rua ain't what he used to be, but he still has KO power in both hands and an above average chin... or at least the ability to recover. I think he's finally starting to pay attention to his defense a bit more as he isn't as quick as he used to be.

I'm glad he was kicking again. They weren't the fastest kicks either but it looked like they hit with solid power. I think if Shogun keeps his hands up and really thumps Jackson with leg/body kicks he'll win.

I still don't think Rampage is all that good in the clinch. Maybe Cordeiro can get Shogun to sharpen that up too.

Yes he will

Shogun was lucky Rampage was injured when they first fought.

Rampage was coming off of his second destruction by Wandy and barely beat Ninja. It might have been tougher but Shogun was still going to put a hurting on Rampage.

I want to see Rumble Rampage

Rampage probably would KO Shogun in a rematch now. Which would mean exactly nothing, since Shogun is roughly 1/10th the fighter he was back then.

Rampage's only shot to ever beating Shogun was to fight a kneeless, shot, banged up Shogun. Shogun annihilated him when it mattered and, regardless of what happens in the rematch (just with the Lil Nog rematch), people will always remember the first fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUEtdt2EZt0

3:10

Rampage states Wanderlei doesn't punch or knee like Shogun and Shogun broke his rib the first knee he threw

Shogun with better movement today. Quinton is forever susceptible to low kicks. Neither have quality cardio. Quinton with a chin advantage, probably. Both still have power. Quinton with a strength advantage probably, but Shogun took him down in the first fight so who knows.

I say Shogun by decision. Quinton has less range with his boxing than Rogerio.

Last edited:
Back