Rampage Jackson: "training camp is the most boring thing in the world"

He's back! Around May 2017 they'll announce his opponent for his upcoming fight in 2021. And after that fight he'll start training Koscheck for his first fight in Bellator.

Guys like this prove why discipline, game planing, and working hard are as integral to real fighting as punching really hard and eating punches.

I think the "motivated" Sherdog joke should have been applied to Rampage instead of BJ.

D0rE7K.gif

Rampage always said this about training.

Blows my mind how he's come this far with that attitude. Training is a blast for most people who enjoy martial arts, not even pros.

It doesn't matter what you do, when you get to that level certain aspects of it always become boring and it's those parts that are often the most important for keeping really sharp. Not all the time, but when it's more or less all you do every single day, week after week, year after year it becomes boring for most people simply because of the tedium of the repetitive daily conditioning work that you have to do.

Champs aren't just made in fights. No slacking allowed!

Yea I don't watch bellator and it was a guess number for a really long time. But really the point is, rampage more or less has been in boring fights for a while now in most of his fights.

Rampage is the one of the most intimidating fighters of all time, most of his opponents run away.

Jones said he was intimated, ran away from Rampage's power.

Matt Hamill, fought as a tough as nails fighter, went out on his shield vs. Rich Franklin, wanted none of that and didn't want to exchange with Rampage. He wanted to survive.

Lyoto Machida was shooting for takedowns after two rounds with Rampage.

Rashad Evans went for takedowns from the first second to the last second of the fight, boring as shit.

Keith Jardine, went to WAR with Wanderlei and Chuck Liddell, all of a sudden he has flashy foot work and is making distance vs. Rampage.

Rampage ain't boring. Rampage is scary as shit. Nobody in MMA is willing to box with Rampage Jackson, to this day. There are two types of fights vs. Rampage. Get on top, or run away.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you do, when you get to that level certain aspects of it always become boring and it's those parts that are often the most important for keeping really sharp. Not all the time, but when it's more or less all you do every single day, week after week, year after year it becomes boring for most people simply because of the tedium of the repetitive daily conditioning work that you have to do.

I'd much rather go train for 5-6 hours than go to my 9-5 tomorrow, tbh.

Rampage probably feels the same too, so he shouldn't complain lol.

I can tell how much he hates training camp from how he looked in his last fight

$

Rampage always said this about training.

Blows my mind how he's come this far with that attitude. Training is a blast for most people who enjoy martial arts, not even pros.
True, but amateurs are training 2-3 times a week, and may have some flexibility in what classes they go to and how hard they go.

In a pro training camp, you have to go 100%, 5-7 days a week, 1-3 times a day, and you are told what you need to work on, which might not be an aspect of the arts that you enjoy, or feel like doing at that particular time. I'm sure it's easy to burn out if you are in a rut or needing a break.

Easy to see the difference, if you aren't dense.

Water is wet.. the sky is blue and work sucks.

No shit Page.

That's an exaggeration. Depends on who, and to what degree. I doubt Rampage is bored during sparring. But I bet he finds all the conditioning boring as hell.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.' Muhammad Ali

Explains why he lost his belt to Forrest, and why he missed 3 point blank shots on a dazed Rashad.

Back