• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Rampage Jackson returns to Japan with massive slam, soccer kick victory | Bloodsport Bushido

For all of those screaming "work" and "fix" here's a fun fact.

IT'S JAPANESE PRO-WRESTLING under a different format!

You're welcome.

Oh shit, they are pros? This is as real as it gets. America just seems to have amateur wrestlers.

Pretty sure that was a fix. All those stomps were targeting the arms clearly and those punches were weak. The slam and then slow approach was bad enough.

Edit: after scanning the rest of the show, yeah that shit's fake. And now I think I recall a thread talking about this event a while back and how it was going to be pro wrestling focused.
I thought the same. Either fake or Rampage was being merciful and doing as little damage as he could before they stopped it (which wasn't like the old Rampage).

Oh shit, they are pros? This is as real as it gets. America just seems to have amateur wrestlers.

Your hardcore pro-wrestling fan can't stand Hulk Hogan.

Why?

Because he'll come out, get beaten down, refuses to submit, struggles back to his feet, "hulks up", body slam, leg drop, pin.

In Japan he does NONE of this.

Why?

The Japanese expects him to actually wrestle.

In Japan, he'll do an STF, go for submissions, chain wrestle, and work "stiff" (that means hit and get hit... HARD).

That's just what's expected there. I lived in Japan for four years and saw many a pro-wrestling card LIVE. When someone hits a "shining wizard"? You can FEEL the impact throughout the venue. :oops:

His opponent has a face only a mother could love.

1719112240509.png

I think I get it, with way more dynamic fighters this could be.. kind of cool.

Think of someone like tj dillashaw, he could probably choreograph pretty cool moves working with the right group of people. These guys are all too old to really make it look nuts.

I really don't trust this and don't think Barnett should call it "Bloodsport" unless Frank Dux is involved. That would make the legitimacy factor skyrocket. Maybe Seagal can have a role as well.

This looks completely the opposite of brutal. How much fixed and fake you want in a fight. Yes...

That was very bizzare how he bodyslammed the guy and the guy just stayed there

I thoiught it was some worked pro wrestling shit until he started stomping on his head.

I guess it is still a work but those were stiff as fuck
Are you serious ? 🤨🤨🤨🤨

Every second it was obviously pro wrestling

Back