• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rampage had one hell of an MMA career

when I look at Rampage’s career, as much as I’ve enjoyed it, I’m left thinking what could have been. I’m sure his reason for not incorporating kicks was because guys just wanted to take him down. But that’s leaving so much on the table as far as your striking game goes. And not only did he not incorporate them in his offense, he didn’t seem all that interested in defending them either. I just wonder how much greater he could have been with kicks anywhere near the level of his boxing.
Kicks, or takedowns, or both and he could have done what GSP did to guys. Freeze them with threat of the takedown, use kicks for range, but then throw in Rampage's huge power punching ability. Even just the wrestling alone would have given him a huge boost in his career. He had the best chance of that generation of beating Jones, he was just too far gone by the time they fought (though he did look like he took the fight seriously)

Nah. Rampage had awesome blocks and head movement counter
And he has a legendary chin. Bas told a story about them hanging out in a bar or something after an event and he was demonstrating a combo on Rampage, fucked up and actually hit Rampage flush almost full power and Rampage ate it and didn’t even flinch. It’s one thing to roll with a punch and take it, but to eat a shot you’re not even expecting from Bas Rutten....chin for days.

That Hendo win was the most impressive. I thought he was for sure going to get outwrestled.

That and his win over Chuck the first time.

Man i really enjoyed both fights.

Kicks, or takedowns, or both and he could have done what GSP did to guys. Freeze them with threat of the takedown, use kicks for range, but then throw in Rampage's huge power punching ability. Even just the wrestling alone would have given him a huge boost in his career. He had the best chance of that generation of beating Jones, he was just too far gone by the time they fought (though he did look like he took the fight seriously)
The Jones fight goes back to the kick defense. Rampage just wanted to box and was wading in letting Jon destroy his knee with the oblique.
BHbp.gif

It was his attitude in his late UFC run that bothered me. He was always pissed nobody wanted to box him. That’s as dumb as Maia being upset nobody wants to jump in his guard. That’s still my guy though.

Rumble destroys Rampage easily

No way man lol. Im a huge fan of both guys but the rampage that fought hendo or chuck 2 would turn Rumble into a panic wrestler..there is one major difference bewtween them

Rampage is a fighter at heart and rumble doesnt even like to fight

Back