• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rampage had one hell of an MMA career

Just wish he would have taken training more seriously... Dude was a beast... Also, think he stopped with kicking a lot after the Bustamante fight, dude hurt his own leg...
100%. If he trained as hard as say Rashad or Machida, he would have had a much better UFC run and solidified himself as an all-time great. He was naturally a strong as hell and super durable. His striking defense (excluding legs) was very good. Truth is, he really didn’t enjoy fighting and it showed in his lack of training and was often confirmed by his statements. Still a fan though.

Rampage is the lhw goat don't @ me. Scary to think if he trained like Nick, Nate, or Rashad, wandy or mostly any fighters he'd might be goat lol. I'll settle for lhw goat tho.

I think he threw a kick in his fight with DOOR

edit- he did
Rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif
That must be the weakest door in history. And you can tell after the first kick, Rampage realize it's a weak door he immediately sets out to completely destroy it.

Last edited:
With wins over prime Liddell, Machida, a weathered Wanderlei. Dan Henderson, Arona, Ninja, Lindland.

I loved how a guy with no impressive credentials but high school wrestling and boxing outwrestled great wrestlers and KOd strikers.

Rampage didn’t even kick! I can’t remember him ever throwing a kick.

The only loss that broke my heart was the Rashad fight. He should have trained properly and taken that fight seriously and won. That would have been a great notch in his built.

How can you not mention his win over Mikhail Ilyukhin one of the RTT OGs that has 2 submission wins by chin in the eye amongst over 7 other submission victories of different types?

Rampage is the lhw goat don't @ me. Scary to think if he trained like Nick, Nate, or Rashad, wandy or mostly any fighters he'd might be goat lol. I'll settle for lhw goat tho.

Jon Jones exists.

I love Rampage but Jones.

Chuck vs Rampage 1 is still one of my favorite fights.. Rampage put on a clinic and Chuck was at his prime then.

He was the reason why I started watching MMA. Him and Alistair Overeem.

That Hendo win was the most impressive. I thought he was for sure going to get outwrestled. Rampage had talent but didn't always give it his full effort.

Very last time I watched the show. Rampage was the reason to keep me there one final season.
I think the last one I watched was the HW version with Mitrione and Nelson and all

are they still doing new ones?

Amazing fighter, very funny guy too. Wish him the best.

His KO over Randleman (RIP) is one of my favorite. The knee, the way he chokes him around the throat with one hand while raining down punches with the other.....

So awesome

Damn, I completely forgot that Randleman died. Fuck. :(

With wins over prime Liddell, Machida, a weathered Wanderlei. Dan Henderson, Arona, Ninja, Lindland.

I loved how a guy with no impressive credentials but high school wrestling and boxing outwrestled great wrestlers and KOd strikers.

Rampage didn’t even kick! I can’t remember him ever throwing a kick.

The only loss that broke my heart was the Rashad fight. He should have trained properly and taken that fight seriously and won. That would have been a great notch in his built.
Most technical kick he ever threw.
Ao1RE5.gif

But seriously, I’ve said this and I’ll say it again....when I look at Rampage’s career, as much as I’ve enjoyed it, I’m left thinking what could have been. I’m sure his reason for not incorporating kicks was because guys just wanted to take him down. But that’s leaving so much on the table as far as your striking game goes. And not only did he not incorporate them in his offense, he didn’t seem all that interested in defending them either. I just wonder how much greater he could have been with kicks anywhere near the level of his boxing.

Back