Rampage goes off on the UFC about Reebok etc

goldbelt**

White Belt
Reaction score
On the conference call today Rampage says:

-The UFC won't let Rampage wear Reebok to the cage, even though they let Jones, Silva, JDS wear Nike
-He doesn't like the UFC's new contract they had for him so doesn't want to renegotiate
-He lost respect for Glover because he has seen pictures of Glover training and it looks like he is just going to try and hold him against the cage and take him down, and not strike
-He's happy to be a free agent after this fight and wants to fight for an organization that doesn't take advantage of their fighters
-He has a few more years in him in MMA
-He wants to try out boxing, if Kimbo can do it, why can't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2gM_Fjoi0

poor rampage, nobody except for jones wants to fight him, they all want to take him down to hump his leg for 15 minutes.

-He lost respect for Glover because he has seen pictures of Glover training and it looks like he is just going to try and hold him against the cage and take him down, and not strike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2gM_Fjoi0
What a clown. He "saw some pics" of one day training so now lost respect he knows Glover's gameplan. :rolleyes:
this is the same guy who thought people hired spies to watch him train when everybody knows what he's going to do

Newsflash Jackson some fighters actually evolve and are not 1 dimensional like you

Rampage always strikes me as a guy with gifted physical talents but god damnit his head isn't screwed on just right.

Rampage will be happier in another organization. He's a big enough name that he can still demand a decent payday. Not as good as ufc money but probably close enough.

But the real benefit is he won't have to work that hard and be able to get "free wins" off of inferior fighters. He won't have to kill himself in training anymore.

It's like would I rather get paid 100k and work hard as hell or 50k doing nothing. The 50k is the better deal.

-The UFC won't let Rampage wear Reebok to the cage, even though they let Jones, Silva, JDS wear Nike

lol...it amazes me how clueless some fighters are about certain aspects of the game...i guess they arent sitting in their mom's basement all day looking up fight news like i am

People have to understand the new deals the UFC is offering requires Companies to sponsor the UFC I believe? There was a time it was up to 100K for a sponsor a year or more now for larger sponsors it could be 250K or more a year? A sponsor cannot just go and pay 10 grand per fight to the UFC alone anymore. The UFC compares it to deals that major companies sign with the NFL and NBA. I have to admit I am not a fan of the brand but I see tapout stuff everywhere now. I cannot go to the gym and not see 3 or 4 people wearing tapout clothing. Some even put dumb tapout stickers on the back of their cars. Sorry I know tapout is a major sponsor I am just not a fan of the brand. Companies cannot miss it anymore and they realize they see MMA impact on branding. Nike is a growing influence on the UFC and is likely keeping Reebok out of the picture.

What a clown. He "saw some pics" of one day training so now lost respect he knows Glover's gameplan. :rolleyes:
this is the same guy who thought people hired spies to watch him train when everybody knows what he's going to do

Newsflash Jackson some fighters actually evolve and are not 1 dimensional like you

Rampage's strategy is to try shaming Glover into standing with him.If glover has any trouble standing he will try taking down rampage.

I seriously would not be surprise if Rampage was trolling us or even UFC.

Say he knocks out Glover, I feel UFC would try to renegotiate something.

If Belletor snatches him up, they got him vs King Mo which could be big headliner for their PPV debut. Rampage can make extra money wrestling in TNA. And they would allow him to do Boxing as well.

As much as I long Page and his Pride days, he is soooo reaching for attention. Give it up big guy, you are history and part of legend and therefore no longer the priority so the UFC will no longer give you the preferential treatment.

Why?He's leaving the UFC win/lose.
Rampage's attitude towards the ufc is totally dependant on his last fight. If he knocks out Glover I could see him re-signing and saying a bunch of positive things. Then as soon as he loses a fight he'll start bitching about how good the guys in WSOF have it.

Stop your bitching Rampage.....

Well, Rampage doesn't have much longer of this horrendous torture to endure.

I wish Rampage would have fought Te Huna for his last fight. He would have received the slug fest he desired. So would we.

I seriously would not be surprise if Rampage was trolling us or even UFC.

Say he knocks out Glover, I feel UFC would try to renegotiate something.

If Belletor snatches him up, they got him vs King Mo which could be big headliner for their PPV debut. Rampage can make extra money wrestling in TNA. And they would allow him to do Boxing as well.

Mo would kill him either boxing or wrestling. Rampage couldn't compete. the Rampage of 6 - 7 years ago, that would have been an amazing fight. Now ...meh!

Mo would kill him either boxing or wrestling. Rampage couldn't compete. the Rampage of 6 - 7 years ago, that would have been an amazing fight. Now ...meh!

I don't think he would get killed in boxing by Mo. This is the same Mo who got destroyed by Mousasi from the BOTTOM, and ktfo by Feijao.

Back