Rampage blasts Mo in IG

So if damage wins fights, every time a BJJ fighter goes to a decision, he'll lose then right?

This for sure. If a guy gets out grappled for 3 rounds but then lands a flying knee in the last minute of the third and is seconds away from finishing should he win the fight? No he shouldn't, his opponent controlled him and earned the W.

Mostly because Mousassi spent 5 rounds destroying Mo with strikes from his back. Page swang for the fences (mostly missing) and did absolutely nothing from his back. I mean I hate Mo, can't stand him at all. But the fact is, in the 3rd round it was a round a piece for each guy, Mo spent the majority of the round on top, then when it was standing Page really didn't land much at all. I agree that Mo didn't do much, but at least he was able to secure a takedown in the 3rd and control the fight for a good period of time.

I thought it was a lame fight due to both guys, one for having a lack of striking and one for having a lack of TDD.

No, not really. Mousasi spent one round doing very good work from his back, and he won that round as a result (round 2).

This for sure. If a guy gets out grappled for 3 rounds but then lands a flying knee in the last minute of the third and is seconds away from finishing should he win the fight? No he shouldn't, his opponent controlled him and earned the W.

only on sherdog land 2/10 takedowns win you fight...

No, not really. Mousasi spent one round doing very good work from his back, and he won that round as a result (round 2).

I remember it differently, but a lot of things have been consumed since viewing that fight years ago.

only on sherdog land 2/10 takedowns win you fight...

These are great comments because they provide no context whatsoever and they're not really arguing anything at all. The best explanation that I've seen on here for Rampage winning the third round is that he was trying to finish the fight. You don't win rounds for merely trying to do things if you generate almost no offense. People can say they hate the way Mo fought and that it was a shitty fight, but there isn't a way to construe that round as a 10-9 for Rampage under the criteria. People can talk about damage winning Rampage the fight, but he essentially inflicted none in the 3rd round.

defending most of takedowns should count for nothing right?

No, it shouldn't and it states explicitly in the scoring criteria that it doesn't. Stuffing takedowns doesn't count for anything in wrestling, and avoiding strikes doesn't count for anything in terms of striking in the MMA scoring criteria, either.

That's EXACTLY what Mo looked like when he "beat" Gegard Mousasi as well. Dry humping FTW.

737b393c63bc5e8a73346b72c639d229.jpg

Rampage clearly won the fight. Mo did NOTHING on the ground!

No, it shouldn't and it states explicitly in the scoring criteria that it doesn't. Stuffing takedowns doesn't count for anything in wrestling, and avoiding strikes doesn't count for anything in terms of striking in the MMA scoring criteria, either.

Wow didn't know this. I really feel like it should, however things would get tricky once the cage gets involved though.

I agree that takedown isn't the only thing that matters, but Rampage didn't land shit in the 3rd. He was throwing and missing/getting blocked on most of them.

Rampage knows deep down that he lost that fight. There's a problem with MMA scoring rewarding takedowns too much, but you can't just change the scoring for one fight because you don't like King Mo.

The rules state:

"Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:

if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
Effective grappling is weighed first; and
Effective striking is then weighed
If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
Effective striking is weighed first; and
Effective grappling is then weighed"

Rampage's little in the striking department was weighed more heavily than Mo's little in the grappling department in accordance with the rules. One of the reasons takedowns are sometimes given too much weight is that sometimes a judge allows a minute or two on the ground (without much action) negate a fighter having an edge on the feet for three or four minutes. See Neery vs Pickett.

"It's great to finally see a fighter not rewarded for holding someone against the cage for almost 3 rounds. Mo didn't even fight."

Saw this comment on youtube and I agree. Judges got a close one right this time.

I agree that takedown isn't the only thing that matters, but Rampage didn't land shit in the 3rd. He was throwing and missing/getting blocked on most of them.

Rampage knows deep down that he lost that fight. There's a problem with MMA scoring rewarding takedowns too much, but you can't just change the scoring for one fight because you don't like King Mo.

it's not for one fight , point fighters are favoured too much.

The rules are bad...

Saying that ,if you look at King Mo's record it's pretty damn funny to think about it.

When he moved to Bellator everyone on Sherdog was like he will dominate Bellator maybe even get HW belt or something lol ,then he got knocked out by the slowest spinning backfist i have ever seen .got outpointed by Newton and then decisioned by Rampage.

He was hyped because he outwrestled much smaller mousasi while getting his face smashed...

King Mo is done.

Back