Rampage blasts Mo in IG

Mo still won tbh.

Rampage what happened to "You aint gonna take me down once." Lol that lasted all of 10 seconds into the fight.

Mo still won tbh.

Rampage what happened to "You aint gonna take me down once." Lol that lasted all of 10 seconds into the fight.

It's not a wrestling match lol who cares

Everybody here would argue to the death that Mousasi got robbed against Mo but then won't do the same for Rampage?

It's not a wrestling match lol who cares

Its not a boxing match either.

Now that we have established that it was an MMA fight can we do real discussion things? Lol

Last edited:
Everybody here would argue to the death that Mousasi got robbed against Mo but then won't do the same for Rampage?

Mostly because Mousassi spent 5 rounds destroying Mo with strikes from his back. Page swang for the fences (mostly missing) and did absolutely nothing from his back. I mean I hate Mo, can't stand him at all. But the fact is, in the 3rd round it was a round a piece for each guy, Mo spent the majority of the round on top, then when it was standing Page really didn't land much at all. I agree that Mo didn't do much, but at least he was able to secure a takedown in the 3rd and control the fight for a good period of time.

I thought it was a lame fight due to both guys, one for having a lack of striking and one for having a lack of TDD.

Its not a boxing match either.

It is a fight. Damage should win fights.....not taking someone down and doing nothing with it. Hopefully this decision is a sign of things to come. Judges need to stop scoring takedowns so highly.

It is a fight. Damage should win fights.....not taking someone down and doing nothing with it. Hopefully this decision is a sign of things to come. Judges need to stop scoring takedowns so highly.

What Damage did Page do in the 3rd?

But the fact is, in the 3rd round it was a round a piece for each guy, Mo spent the majority of the round on top, then when it was standing Page really didn't land much at all. I agree that Mo didn't do much, but at least he was able to secure a takedown in the 3rd and control the fight for a good period of time.

Mo had Rampage down for 1:15 (1 minute and 15 seconds) How is that the majority of the round?

Can;t trust your judgement if you think 1:15 is the majority of a 5 minute round

What Damage did Page do in the 3rd?

Landed more strikes. Neither guy was landing much but Rampage clearly hit him more. That negates the whole 1 minute and 15 seconds that Rampage spent on his back

Mo had Rampage down for 1:15 (1 minute and 15 seconds) How is that the majority of the round?

Source?

Have no problem admitting I was wrong on that since I have only watched the fight once. Just seemed like he was on him for a long amount of time. Regardless I remember neither fighter really getting much done in the 3rd, but at least Mo was able to complete a TD and control.

Source?

Have no problem admitting I was wrong on that since I have only watched the fight once. Just seemed like he was on him for a long amount of time. Regardless I remember neither fighter really getting much done in the 3rd, but at least Mo was able to complete a TD and control.

Source = The 3rd round. Go watch it again. Look at the time clock.

Mo controlled 1:15 of the round on the ground. Rampage controlled 3:45 of the round on the feet.

I thought that Mo might win on the score cards but I am glad the judges did the right thing. Takedowns are scored too highly. Now judges need to be consistent so guys stop trying to steal rounds with meaningless takedowns with 10 seconds to go in a fight.

If nothing is done with a takedown it should be scored about the same as a jab.

Landed more strikes. Neither guy was landing much but Rampage clearly hit him more. That negates the whole 1 minute and 15 seconds that Rampage spent on his back

Does it really though? Imo its a lot easier to land punches than to take a guy down in the 3rd, especially a guy like Page who has proven pretty hard to take down in the past. Haven't seen any stats from the fight, but it didn't seem like Rampage landed much at all in the 3rd.

haha, these two are angling for another garbage fight. bellator has nothing so it can probably happen on ppv again.

Source = The 3rd round. Go watch it again. Look at the time clock.

Mo controlled 1:15 of the round on the ground. Rampage controlled 3:45 of the round on the feet.

I thought that Mo might win on the score cards but I am glad the judges did the right thing. Takedowns are scored too highly. Now judges need to be consistent so guys stop trying to steal rounds with meaningless takedowns with 10 seconds to go in a fight.

If nothing is done with a takedown it should be scored about the same as a jab.

LOL Really? Dude go Jab someone, then try to take them down (someone who knows what they are doing) its no easy task at all. Takedowns are not easy to secure. Granted the only experience I have is a little bit of High School wrestling and some sparing sessions at the gym, but I can only imagine how difficult it would be to drag a guy like Page to the mat. Jabs are something you can do at the flick of the wrist, Takedowns are something you work for and can be insanely difficult if the guy knows how to defend. To score them the same would be idiotic and an insult to wrestling.

Mostly because Mousassi spent 5 rounds destroying Mo with strikes from his back. Page swang for the fences (mostly missing) and did absolutely nothing from his back. I mean I hate Mo, can't stand him at all. But the fact is, in the 3rd round it was a round a piece for each guy, Mo spent the majority of the round on top, then when it was standing Page really didn't land much at all. I agree that Mo didn't do much, but at least he was able to secure a takedown in the 3rd and control the fight for a good period of time.

I thought it was a lame fight due to both guys, one for having a lack of striking and one for having a lack of TDD.

IMO the Mousasi fight was not even close. The Rampage fight was.

Mousasi was pretty active from his back round two. That's when he hurt Mo's eye. That's the round he won(and then he had a point taken away anyway).

Mo landed more power strikes in the fight. The vast majority of Gegard's were pitter patter nothings.
newpicturek.jpg

With Rampage I agree with you. He swung and missed a lot. Not much happened in the third round, but what did, was from Mo. People can and should win fights by doing little-if the opponent does less. For all the talk about how Mo wasn't able to mount much offense, neither did Rampage.

IMO the Mousasi fight was not even close. The Rampage fight was.

Mousasi was pretty active from his back round two. That's when he hurt Mo's eye. That's the round he won(and then he had a point taken away anyway).

Mo landed more power strikes in the fight. The vast majority of Gegard's were pitter patter nothings.
newpicturek.jpg

With Rampage I agree with you. He swung and missed a lot. Not much happened in the third round, but what did, was from Mo. People can and should win fights by doing little-if the opponent does less. For all the talk about how Mo wasn't able to mount much offense, neither did Rampage.

Its been a really long time since I have since the Mousassi fight, just remember being really pissed that Mo won lol.

So if damage wins fights, every time a BJJ fighter goes to a decision, he'll lose then right?

Back