Ralph's school vs. Charles' school? (SF Bay Area)

OldSkool said:
Kurt the "Rino", the most technical BJJ GI instructor in SF, very kool dude[420 friendly]. Kurt runs the SF academy, if a bunch of guys show up late to avoid warm-up like Sat mornings, he will hold up the class and wait, then the warm up is killer, LOL. Kurt and BB Sergio Silva demonstrated most of the moves in the Half Guard chapter of my book.

the book is at....... www.BJJBook.com if you go to Kurt's academy, say hi...........

Montanha

lol @ the 420 comment. how appropriate for an sf instructor. i know mt pros that are also.

i think my plan is to schedule as many free lessons on saturday as i can. with so many schools in the area, i figure i can milk it for a couple months.

currently, i train mt on mon, wed, fri. gi on tues and nogi on thurs. soon i'll start bjj on saturday.

how do you guys split up your training btwn standup and ground? should i focus on gi or no gi?

Wow, so many schools. In Cleveland, there's only 2 schools. I can't believe how popular BJJ is becoming in some areas that so many schools can survive in such close vicinity. Definitly a good thing.

I train at Kurt Osiander's Ralph Gracie JJ place in SFO.

Seems like there are some pretty good guys there. Mostly Gi JJ but some people practice no gi and MMA there as well. Mostly Go stuff.

White belts and blue belts there, some of them should be blues and purples. Must be tough to get a belt there.

If you are interested, I can invite you. First class is free.

Peace,

SaltyBalls420 said:
Thanks for all the advice.

I would love to train at Cesar's but the commute is pretty deep. I'm familiar with their school and will definitely consider it.

Leaning towards Ralph's in SF w/ Kurt Osiander.

Any thoughts on this cat?
Or you can train at Fairtex. Jake Shields teaches BJJ there.

Superbeast said:
I think when he attacked Bobby Southworth while he was on crutches after he complained about the result of a match at a grappling tourney secured Ralph's status as somewhat of an asshole.

I saw the video. Southworth was looking for a fight with Ralph. he had it coming to him.

SaltyBalls420 said:
how's parking in that neck of the ghetto? hehe. seriously, though.
I used to live down the street from Opendoorbjj and it is definitely not the best area. Parking does suck there during the day but it eases up slightly at night. Of course your car may get broken into though.

I was curious about Cameron Earle since someone posted that he tapped Ralph in class so I did a google search on Cameron Earle BJJ - my search result found this on a different website.

"American ADCC Trials winner, Cameron Earle, has been arrested and charged with one count of Misdemeanor Indecent Exposure and two felony counts: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (knife) and Assault to Commit Rape. Cameron is a blackbelt under Ralph Gracie and has been in trouble with the law before, having been previously arrested when an ex-girlfriend accused him of stalking her. Currently he remains incarcerated with bail set at $200,000."

Cameron has stated that he is innocent of all charges and is adamant that this is a case of mistaken identity. He is scheduled to compete at the ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships in May. We will have more info on the specifics of this case as they come in.

- looks like this happened in 2003? Then someone commented on the same site with this ..

"Cameron Earle is a jerkoff, I know him personally and his ex and he not only used to beat her ass but stalked her like the loser he is. I'm sure he has a new one hes doing the same too and I do not put it past him to attempt to rape a chick. Hes got serious issues that he needs counseling with you all you guys applauding him and looking up to him needs to take another look. This guy uses his skills on not only people in general but on woman. He is a coward and a psycopath who needs a taste of his own medicine. I hope they do get him on the attempted rape charge because from few of us who know him and his past, im sure he did try to rape that broad..he needs help, not more training or more fighting titles...if any of you truly care about this guy and call him a friend then get him help before he kills someone or his girlfriend."

---

my two cents from google.com

GroundWorkz said:
I was curious about Cameron Earle since someone posted that he tapped Ralph in class so I did a google search on Cameron Earle BJJ - my search result found this on a different website.

"American ADCC Trials winner, Cameron Earle, has been arrested and charged with one count of Misdemeanor Indecent Exposure and two felony counts: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (knife) and Assault to Commit Rape. Cameron is a blackbelt under Ralph Gracie and has been in trouble with the law before, having been previously arrested when an ex-girlfriend accused him of stalking her. Currently he remains incarcerated with bail set at $200,000."

Cameron has stated that he is innocent of all charges and is adamant that this is a case of mistaken identity. He is scheduled to compete at the ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships in May. We will have more info on the specifics of this case as they come in.

- looks like this happened in 2003? Then someone commented on the same site with this ..

"Cameron Earle is a jerkoff, I know him personally and his ex and he not only used to beat her ass but stalked her like the loser he is. I'm sure he has a new one hes doing the same too and I do not put it past him to attempt to rape a chick. Hes got serious issues that he needs counseling with you all you guys applauding him and looking up to him needs to take another look. This guy uses his skills on not only people in general but on woman. He is a coward and a psycopath who needs a taste of his own medicine. I hope they do get him on the attempted rape charge because from few of us who know him and his past, im sure he did try to rape that broad..he needs help, not more training or more fighting titles...if any of you truly care about this guy and call him a friend then get him help before he kills someone or his girlfriend."

---

my two cents from google.com
Interesting. Doesn't sound like a real nice guy.

Goshinjitsu said:
Interesting. Doesn't sound like a real nice guy.

Mr Rogers, he's not. However, he's a solid instructor and will work your ass into the ground.

It's not my place to say anything about him or the charges on a forum, but the more you learn about the accusations the more it sounds fishy. Thought experiment: If a bjj black belt, ADCC competitor, who tapped Marcelo Garcia (among many others) had a knife and wanted to hold you down and rape you, would it be "attempted"? How many women do you know that could hold a bjj black belt with a knife off? Seriously.

Do you wanna learn Jiu-jitsu?, I stand by earlier recomendations, even Cameron Earl. And yes he is even dangerous to train with and that is also valuable to learn too. Its real and its tough.

Do I want him for my sunday school teacher? no, but I am training and learning Jiu-jitsu.

Oldskool, what is the name of your book? The link doesn't work for me.

Like Batman69 said. I feel like Oakland BJJ, taught by Eduardo Rocha is the best BJJ in the oakland Area.

Anyone i know who has ever trained under eduardo says that he is the best teacher theyve had.

Back